The Student Room Group

Homeschooled

So, I'm homeschooled, so far it is going great but I can't help but wonder: if I stayed in class, what topic would we be on? Right now I am finished with C3 and C4 and halfway done with S2.
I thought in class it would be like:

C3: Sept-Nov
C4: Dec-Feb
S2 Feb-May

But if anyone is in College, how did your college time it?
Original post by hunihuni
So, I'm homeschooled, so far it is going great but I can't help but wonder: if I stayed in class, what topic would we be on? Right now I am finished with C3 and C4 and halfway done with S2.

S2 Feb-May

I didn't do S2 and did M1 in my A2 year --> we did M1 throughout the year with C3 up to december and c4 up to the end of the year, although I taught myself all of it before we even started the year
Reply 2

S2 Feb-May

ahead from most schools
Reply 3
Thanks for the response guys, I'm just checking to see if I am secure. Learning independently can cause insecurities
I am also homeschooled.

I have mainly covered everything - once done with hypothesis testing I should be ready.
Reply 5
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
I am also homeschooled.

I have mainly covered everything - once done with hypothesis testing I should be ready.

Yup I totally understand, without a school it feels much more secure to finish everything earlier
Yup I totally understand, without a school it feels much more secure to finish everything earlier

I think it is better as well not being held back by retards :wink:

I am not homeschooled rather self taught :P

I don't have tutors or anything.

How come you are doing s2 if you are doing a2 maths, why not do d1 it is a lot easier.
Reply 7
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
I think it is better as well not being held back by retards :wink:

I am not homeschooled rather self taught :P

I don't have tutors or anything.

How come you are doing s2 if you are doing a2 maths, why not do d1 it is a lot easier.

I was in college once, but I couldn't carry on there because of my physical health at the time I barely came in so they were reluctant to take me back.. also I am introverted as hell and my college was wayyy too dramatic. So yeah you're right with the "being kept back" part haha. So I kept all the materials I was given by college and I'm technically self-taught also. I think they stopped doing D1 before I enrolled.. I wasn't even sure what D1 contained. Just more algebra I guess?
I'm self teaching myself too, although so far behind its unreal as was originally going to apply for teaching next year and got in this year! I need to get a C or above in my A level in Summer. I'm willing to put the work, although writing my dissertation at the same time. Any tips in getting my brain to take in more information and not overloading as I'm struggling at the moment.
Reply 9
Original post by Hayleybobs
I'm self teaching myself too, although so far behind its unreal as was originally going to apply for teaching next year and got in this year! I need to get a C or above in my A level in Summer. I'm willing to put the work, although writing my dissertation at the same time. Any tips in getting my brain to take in more information and not overloading as I'm struggling at the moment.

For maths? Don't stress! Stressing causes you to not focus and forget things. Exams are still months away - exam solutions . net is a good website to revise. But don't "revise" but PREPARE for an exam. Once you know all the formulas, only practice with exam papers and "revise" in a way that all you do is take full lengths at home or wherever you're comfortable. That way, in the real day, it feels like you've taken it a tons of times. I tend to do well when I exercise or keep up with being sporty, it helps to detangle your brain. Also some vitamin d capsules daily.
For maths? Don't stress! Stressing causes you to not focus and forget things. Exams are still months away - exam solutions . net is a good website to revise. But don't "revise" but PREPARE for an exam. Once you know all the formulas, only practice with exam papers and "revise" in a way that all you do is take full lengths at home or wherever you're comfortable. That way, in the real day, it feels like you've taken it a tons of times. I tend to do well when I exercise or keep up with being sporty, it helps to detangle your brain. Also some vitamin d capsules daily.

Thanks for the advice, somebody else has said similar to know all the formulas and then practice with the exam papers, so going to try that tomorrow. I don't think doing five hours at a time is any good either (Im on half term at the moment), so going to take your advice and split it up by taking the dog for a good work. Once again thanks for the reply.
Reply 11
Thanks for the advice, somebody else has said similar to know all the formulas and then practice with the exam papers, so going to try that tomorrow. I don't think doing five hours at a time is any good either (Im on half term at the moment), so going to take your advice and split it up by taking the dog for a good work. Once again thanks for the reply.

I'm glad I could somehow help. Just wondering, what units have you covered so far in school?
I'm glad I could somehow help. Just wondering, what units have you covered so far in school?

Im a mature student having dropped my A level maths half way through many moons ago so Im trying to self teach myself, hence the post on this thread 'homeschooled'. I work in a secondary school so have support from colleagues but have so far only looked at (and I do mean only look at) C1, C2, C3 and C4. Ive still got to even look at S1 and S2. I thought it would be a lot easier. My first exam is the 25th May :frown:
Reply 13
Im a mature student having dropped my A level maths half way through many moons ago so Im trying to self teach myself, hence the post on this thread 'homeschooled'. I work in a secondary school so have support from colleagues but have so far only looked at (and I do mean only look at) C1, C2, C3 and C4. Ive still got to even look at S1 and S2. I thought it would be a lot easier. My first exam is the 25th May :frown:

Run through C1 and C2 are the easiest, getting the basic understanding of them suits to move onto C3 and C4. If you practice a lot on C3 and C4 after, C1 and C2 will look and feel a lot more easier. Same with S1 and S2
Reply 14
Run through C1 and C2 are the easiest, getting the basic understanding of them suits to move onto C3 and C4. If you practice a lot on C3 and C4 after, C1 and C2 will look and feel a lot more easier. Same with S1 and S2

Thanks, I hope so, your support is much appreciated. Ive got to give it my best shot as had so many hurdles to jump that I have managed to get over (skills tests, interviews, presentations, placement etc etc) . Im going to give it another shot tomorrow with plenty of breaks it might go in better!

Quick Reply

Latest