The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

University of Bristol OFFER HOLDERS 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Are you definitely going to Bristol to do it?

Yeh, defo Bristol, I have no other choice
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by petraaa

Ah, I see; as I was saying, I wasn't sure what the UCAS Extra aspect brought to the discussion.
Well, commiserations on not getting into medicine and I'll see you in September!
Original post by niki-c
I firmed Bristol for psychology too!

Just about to finish my psychology degree at Bristol next week (project dissertation due!!) so I've got pro knowledge about psychology life at bristol if you need or want to know anything :smile:
Original post by petraaa

You have one very obvious choice. You could reapply to Medicine next year. Your motivation for that depends on how badly you want to do Medicine - and how easily you give up.
Firmed for cellular and molecular medicine! 😊
Original post by Emerlini
Hi guys!
I've an offer from Neuroscience :smile: anyone here for my same course?

Me! I firmed Bristol for Neuroscience last week :biggrin:
Original post by katerina.drakos
Me! I firmed Bristol for Neuroscience last week :biggrin:

Me too! See you in September!

Do you mind if I ask what accommodation you went for?
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Me too! See you in September!

Do you mind if I ask what accommodation you went for?

I still haven't chosen yet! I'm in the middle of my IB exams so i kinda have more important things to focus on :tongue:
Original post by katerina.drakos
I still haven't chosen yet! I'm in the middle of my IB exams so i kinda have more important things to focus on :tongue:

Cool! Good luck with that. :smile:
Reply 89
Original post by Sophiekgf
I just firmed Bristol for Film and Television. Anyone else here planning on doing it?

Same here!
Firmed for Bsc Economics + Politcs :smile:
Firmed bristol for medicine!😊😊
Original post by faux pas
Firmed for Bsc Economics + Politcs :smile:

Is yours exams or coursework? for my Economics and Accounting, it seems to be only a tiny amount (I think 2-5% coursework..)
Original post by Gapyearstudent54
Is yours exams or coursework? for my Economics and Accounting, it seems to be only a tiny amount (I think 2-5% coursework..)

I think the Economics side is more exam based, whereas the Politics has more coursework assessment, though I haven't checked to see the exact percentages.
Reply 94
I firmed for biochemistry! :biggrin:
Reply 95
I've created a thread for firm offer holders for Neuroscience at Bristol, would be great to know who's going! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4050007&highlight=neuroscience+bristol#primary_content
Name: Ahmed AbouelhassanAge: 17 Where from: I am from Alexandria,Egypt but I was born and raised in KuwaitAS/A2 subjects: Maths, physics, chemistry, English Literature(AS) Grades: AAA(AS) Course applying for : Aerospace Engineering MEngI want to choose my firm and insurance choices in the next couple of days and was initially leaning towards Bristol. However, I know of many friends who are going to Manchester next year and are recommending it for, especially that one of them stayed there for a few days during the summer. I would like to know how current students feel about the university and what are their thoughts on some of students, who I've read, are not so friendly.
Original post by ahmedabou
I would like to know how current students feel about the university and what are their thoughts on some of students, who I've read, are not so friendly.

I'm not a current student but since you'll be part of the new cohort, wouldn't you be mostly making friends with first-years anyway?

And I'm sure it's not entirely true, as the stories might just happen to be about a certain group of people being told by people in that group :smile:

Believe or not, there ARE nice people in the world.

Also, you're applying for engineering and most of the engineers I've spoken to or met are chill.
:hifro:

To go for Bristol or Manchester, choose where you feel more at home. Don't let your friends influence YOUR choice.
Original post by Pocapoca
I have an offer for Experimental Psychology! Most likely going to firm it unless Exeter woos me over

I firmed Bristol for Experimental Psychology! :smile:
I've firmed Bristol for BSc Psychology :smile: anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending