The Student Room Group

ADVICE??

I'm currently in year 13 doing my A levels and not doing too bad... predicted ABC for the end of the year. I have confirmed a place at university next year to do nursing.

Basically, I need someone who has done A-Levels and done a similar course to tell me that university is different? I am not moving away!! therefore I am not bothered about the entire 'uni experience'. All I want to know is that uni is different to sixthform/college, because I honestly hate what I am doing. College is the worst part of my life, I don't think I'm academic BUT at the same time what else is there to do? nursing is 50% assessed on placement. Therefore, I would hope that it wouldn't be so draining and boring as college.

Need advice. Life is amazing outside of college, I just hate college (because I am lazy) does it get better? or worse from here.
Reply 1
Original post by amythompson042
I'm currently in year 13 doing my A levels and not doing too bad... predicted ABC for the end of the year. I have confirmed a place at university next year to do nursing.

Basically, I need someone who has done A-Levels and done a similar course to tell me that university is different? I am not moving away!! therefore I am not bothered about the entire 'uni experience'. All I want to know is that uni is different to sixthform/college, because I honestly hate what I am doing. College is the worst part of my life, I don't think I'm academic BUT at the same time what else is there to do? nursing is 50% assessed on placement. Therefore, I would hope that it wouldn't be so draining and boring as college.

Need advice. Life is amazing outside of college, I just hate college (because I am lazy) does it get better? or worse from here.

Moved this to the nursing section for you. :smile:
Original post by amythompson042

yes university is very different to a levels, i got rubbish a level grades and am getting reasonably high ones in my nursing degree so far, but it nursing has to be a subject you really enjoy.
Reply 3
You say you're lazy (good to admit as many wouldnt) so are you sure you can handle both uni work and placements? You'd have to complete reflective work on the placements too so it wouldn't just be a case of going to work and shadowing someone.

I think uni life is vastly different from school/college but it really depends what you're looking for. You're going to have to work super hard and be seriously organised to qualify as a nurse so definitely think hard about this :--)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Original post by jolly81
You say you're lazy (good to admit as many wouldnt) so are you sure you can handle both uni work and placements? You'd have to complete reflective work on the placements too so it wouldn't just be a case of going to work and shadowing someone.

I think uni life is vastly different from school/college but it really depends what you're looking for. You're going to have to work super hard and be seriously organised to qualify as a nurse so definitely think hard about this :--)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

thankyouuu!! I can be lazy, but it is mostly because I dont see the point in what I'm learning currently. I have always been hard working practically, for example I have a part time job, Im always punctual and much enjoy physical work. In regards to sitting in a classroom all day, it really drains me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending