The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine at Oxford

Hello,

I'm currently in my third year as a Biochemistry student set for a high 2:1 / first class degree. I'm taking a year to earn some money and get some experience working for my application so I would start in the 2017 rotation.

I was wondering if there are any GEM medical students at Oxford or any thinking about applying who could answer a couple of my questions.

My first is in regards to proof of "academic excellence". I have a few ideas in mind of how to go about this, but I thought that somebody currently at the university may have a more accurate perception of what is being asked.

My second is in regards to preparation for the BMAT exam, and any advice regarding books, etc to get me started as I would be taking the exam this summer.

Thanks in advance,
Mindless Student
Bump
Have you tried posting in the main graduate entry medicine forum? You might get more replies there :smile:
Oh I didn't see there was one. I'll try there! Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've seen you posting around in the main GEM thread a lot, do you have any updates to share?

@Mindless Student
Reply 6
Original post by Mindless Student
Oh I didn't see there was one. I'll try there! Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Guys,

I have also started a forum on Oxford graduate entry medicine.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4340256&p=67785676#post67785676

As you probably have guessed, I am also considering applying to Oxford. How are your applications going? and do you know if we are meant to list our predicted qualifications on Oxford's application form?
Original post by Tsar101
Hey Guys,

I have also started a forum on Oxford graduate entry medicine.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4340256&p=67785676#post67785676

As you probably have guessed, I am also considering applying to Oxford. How are your applications going? and do you know if we are meant to list our predicted qualifications on Oxford's application form?

Thank you Tsar101 :smile:

I will certainly be subbing to it; I'm not going to apply for a few years yet but I'm researching what I need to get to be in the optimum chance to be able to get in :smile:
Do oxford care about GCSE's when it comes to grad med ? What GCSE's did people with offers get?
Reply 9
Original post by justinamarina
Do oxford care about GCSE's when it comes to grad med ? What GCSE's did people with offers get?

You need to have at least dual award biology, and passed it with a C grade, but other than that, I don't think so

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending