The Student Room Group

Is it too late to apply for masters?

Is it too late to apply for masters? I am primarily targeting universities in other countries, but I am thinking about using universities in the UK as a backup plan, as they are less strict on the application than other universities. Most universities here only require a 2.1 and some general entry requirements for the subject you are studying.
Original post by SeamanDemon
Is it too late to apply for masters? I am primarily targeting universities in other countries, but I am thinking about using universities in the UK as a backup plan, as they are less strict on the application than other universities. Most universities here only require a 2.1 and some general entry requirements for the subject you are studying.

For competitive courses yep too late, generally however- no. Plenty of unis will consider you if you apply feb/march.
Original post by Oilfreak1
For competitive courses yep too late, generally however- no. Plenty of unis will consider you if you apply feb/march.

I can't remember specific unis, but there were some decent-ish ones that were still accepting applications when I finished my undergrad in like may / june.
Original post by dean01234
I can't remember specific unis, but there were some decent-ish ones that were still accepting applications when I finished my undergrad in like may / june.

Yeah decent/good wil definately be open for some time by competitive i mean like flagship courses at LSE/ICL/Oxbridge
Reply 4
Yeah decent/good wil definately be open for some time by competitive i mean like flagship courses at LSE/ICL/Oxbridge

Has LSE already closed their application rounds?
Original post by SeamanDemon
Has LSE already closed their application rounds?

No but you'd probably get wait listed

Yea but what percentage of people can get in to those Universities even if they apply in the fall? I started a week ago and just finished all 17 of my applications yesterday. (I already got offers from Strathclyde, Newcastle, and Stirling for Marketing) I even emailed a bunch of Universities and asked if the selection process gets more competitive as time passes and they all said no. As long as there are spots left, your chances are the same. I literally researched every University in the UK in the top 50 for Marketing and the only course that was closed was at Surrey.
Original post by julie14401
Yea but what percentage of people can get in to those Universities even if they apply in the fall? I started a week ago and just finished all 17 of my applications yesterday. (I already got offers from Strathclyde, Newcastle, and Stirling for Marketing) I even emailed a bunch of Universities and asked if the selection process gets more competitive as time passes and they all said no. As long as there are spots left, your chances are the same. I literally researched every University in the UK in the top 50 for Marketing and the only course that was closed was at Surrey.

Those four universities usually have between 25-50 places and all spaces are normally filled around feb-March. However applications will still be open well into July. This is to place candidates on waiting lists should students holding offers fail to meet the conditions or reject the place then those wait listed will be considered.

Bigger less competitive courses (the cash cows) will obviously still have spaces even at the elite unis.
(edited 8 years ago)
Those four universities usually have between 25-50 places and all spaces are normally filled around feb-March. However applications will still be open well into July. This is to place candidates on waiting lists should students holding offers fail to meet the conditions or reject the place then those wait listed will be considered.

Bigger less competitive courses (the cash cows) will obviously still have spaces even at the elite unis.

I got offers from those schools thought. I didn't get waitlisted.
Original post by julie14401
I got offers from those schools thought. I didn't get waitlisted.

I refer you back to my original post.

Yeah decent/good will definitely be open for some time by competitive i mean like flagship courses at LSE/ICL/Oxbridge

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending