The Student Room Group

Is it worth retaking?

Hi, last year I got a C in psychology, but overall it was like 4 marks off a B. I want to get an A overall, so it is worth retaking unit 1 (which is the easiest- I have to pay though)?

The reason why I am a bit hesitant to retake is because I have a real (A2) oral exam 2 days before this, so my worry is: would I be able to revise for both exams (may 14th + 16th) and then after that for the A2s in June? or would that be a bit of a challenge... I do a language and 2 essay based subjects btw.

Aso, i need 190 ums for unit 3 + 4 if I don't retake, which seems a bit demanding :/

But on the other hand, I don't want to feel guilty if I don't do it and end up with a B grade ( I need triple A for university).

Can someone offer me some advice? I would greatly appreiciate it :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown:

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses. :redface:

:h:
Original post by PerplexedBird
Hi, last year I got a C in psychology, but overall it was like 4 marks off a B. I want to get an A overall, so it is worth retaking unit 1 (which is the easiest- I have to pay though)?

The reason why I am a bit hesitant to retake is because I have a real (A2) oral exam 2 days before this, so my worry is: would I be able to revise for both exams (may 14th + 16th) and then after that for the A2s in June? or would that be a bit of a challenge... I do a language and 2 essay based subjects btw.

Aso, i need 190 ums for unit 3 + 4 if I don't retake, which seems a bit demanding :/

But on the other hand, I don't want to feel guilty if I don't do it and end up with a B grade ( I need triple A for university).

Can someone offer me some advice? I would greatly appreiciate it :smile:

It wouldn't be possible to get an A, if you got 190/200 UMS this year you'd get an A*. 189 or less and you'd get a B. I'm in the same position and I'd say if you're confide you can get 190 UMS then don't resit as it costs and it means revising for another whole unit which can affect your A2 revision. If you're unsure and/or haven't been getting close to full marks in tests, I'd say resit it to be on the safe side?

What language do you study? If you end up resitting, don't worry about the oral being close, that's easy to prepare for.
Original post by rileystringer1
It wouldn't be possible to get an A, if you got 190/200 UMS this year you'd get an A*. 189 or less and you'd get a B. I'm in the same position and I'd say if you're confide you can get 190 UMS then don't resit as it costs and it means revising for another whole unit which can affect your A2 revision. If you're unsure and/or haven't been getting close to full marks in tests, I'd say resit it to be on the safe side?

What language do you study? If you end up resitting, don't worry about the oral being close, that's easy to prepare for.

Yeah, I decided to retake :biggrin: thanks for the response! I study Spanish which I got an A, but a C in psych :s-smilie:
Reply 4

Re-sit.

Have you really got a speaking exam on a Saturday? It seems very unlikely, especially as the recordings have to reach the exam board by 15th - the Sunday - so they are clearly going to be late. I'd check the date of the oral exam and ask to move it a bit earlier (they can be done from early/mid March) to give you more time to revise the Psychology.
Yeah, I decided to retake :biggrin: thanks for the response! I study Spanish which I got an A, but a C in psych :s-smilie:

pues suerte :h:
Original post by rileystringer1
pues suerte :h:

Muchas gracias amigo/a! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest