The Student Room Group

To quit or see it through?

I HATE my job. I work in a chain restaurant. They do not give a damn about any of their staff.

The staff themselves are bullies - I've come home in tears several times because of the way they've spoken to me.

Management accused me of taking money from the till because there was "money missing", but I swear I didn't do anything of the sort. I would never dream of it.

The work is awful. On your feet for hours with no breaks (even though you're legally entitled to breaks). Customers are exceedingly rude and pay is minimal. You don't even get finished on time and don't get paid for any extra you work.

Anyway, I have a job interview at a reputable supermarket next week. I'm pretty confident I can get this job.

Meant to be working at my current job over the weekend but wonder if I should just quit and hope I get this new one? Maybe it sounds foolish but I truly am miserable. It has caused me disproportional stress and upset. I'm a good worker and an honest, kind person. Yet I've been treated like **** by these people who have nothing better to do with their lives Tha to try to make others feel small.

Should I quit for the sake of my self-worth or stick it out until this job interview next week? At the interview they tell you then and there if you've got the job
Original post by AB25
I HATE my job. I work in a chain restaurant. They do not give a damn about any of their staff.

The staff themselves are bullies - I've come home in tears several times because of the way they've spoken to me.

Management accused me of taking money from the till because there was "money missing", but I swear I didn't do anything of the sort. I would never dream of it.

The work is awful. On your feet for hours with no breaks (even though you're legally entitled to breaks). Customers are exceedingly rude and pay is minimal. You don't even get finished on time and don't get paid for any extra you work.

Anyway, I have a job interview at a reputable supermarket next week. I'm pretty confident I can get this job.

Meant to be working at my current job over the weekend but wonder if I should just quit and hope I get this new one? Maybe it sounds foolish but I truly am miserable. It has caused me disproportional stress and upset. I'm a good worker and an honest, kind person. Yet I've been treated like **** by these people who have nothing better to do with their lives Tha to try to make others feel small.

Should I quit for the sake of my self-worth or stick it out until this job interview next week? At the interview they tell you then and there if you've got the job

It might be best to see it through just in case but it sounds like this job really isn't worth it for you and if they're literally breaking the law, I'd strongly recommend getting out of there as soon as you can. If it's just one more weekend shift, there's no harm especially if you're using them as a reference :smile: good luck! :biggrin:
Hmm. I would say quit even if you don't get this new job. If you don't get the job and you would still work there maybe don't quit until you get it.

Although from what you told me it seems crap, I would quit anyway.
Quit, you don't want to feel down from it all the time. Quit for your own well being :smile:
I know how demoralising bad management can be, so well done on sticking with it till now. Maybe you could call in sick and miss a day or two before your interview? When I decided to quit a job I hated I first missed a day without giving an explanation and then handed in my resignation letter the following morning. Felt great!
Quit that ****. I wouldve quit wayy before you. How dare they not obey laws like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would possibly consider calling in sick for a couple of days. Generally though I would try and tough it out until you get offered something else, unfortunately a lot of low paid posts work like this (poor management, expected to work after the end of shift, low pay, nasty customers etc) so it's better to try and keep going. It will also look bad to future employers if you quit without something else lined up.
Reply 7
Original post by AB25

gurlllll, I'm sorry to hear this, I think u need to quit the job ur currently at until u hopefully get this newjob & I hope u do. Best of luck. Always make sure you're happy with whatever you're doing, if u ain't. Stop doing it. Leave it. And find something so much better. X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending