The Student Room Group

About Summer Resits

Hi all, I'm a first year Bsc Information Technology student and I am in a bit of a confusion as to how summer resists work. If I fail first year, and my University offer me a chance to retake during the summer resits, and I pass from that, what happens next? Do I progress onto the second year? I'm just a bit confused and would like that cleared up, thank you.
Original post by AdamMo20
Hi all, I'm a first year Bsc Information Technology student and I am in a bit of a confusion as to how summer resists work. If I fail first year, and my University offer me a chance to retake during the summer resits, and I pass from that, what happens next? Do I progress onto the second year? I'm just a bit confused and would like that cleared up, thank you.

You'll get more answers if you posted in the general uni life sub forum, as this one is for Social Work undergraduates. However as a general rule, yes, if you retake a module during summer resits and pass then you would be allowed onto 2nd year. That said, it can vary by university and your academic handbook and your advisor should have the answers specific to your uni.
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
You'll get more answers if you posted in the general uni life sub forum, as this one is for Social Work undergraduates. However as a general rule, yes, if you retake a module during summer resits and pass then you would be allowed onto 2nd year. That said, it can vary by university and your academic handbook and your advisor should have the answers specific to your uni.

Thank you, I'm new to this website so I'm just getting used to it now. And thanks also for letting me know more about this issue I am facing, I really appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest