The Student Room Group

Should I break up with my girlfriend on valentines day?

I know that this seems like an obvious question but the thing is I was at a party the other week, got really drunk and accidentally cheated on her. I'm going to break up soon as she's starting to really get on my nerves and this is partially why I did this but I'm not sure whether its a good idea to do this now when valentines day is across the corner. It seems incredibly cruel and adding insult to injury. Should I break up with her now and should I come clean about the cheating or just come up with some other excuse?
On one hand you've already hurt her deeply and she certainly doesn't deserve to be hurt may more, on the other hand I'm sure she'd be glad to get out of the relationship asap if this is how you behave :smile:
Original post by intelligent con
I know that this seems like an obvious question but the thing is I was at a party the other week, got really drunk and accidentally cheated on her. I'm going to break up soon as she's starting to really get on my nerves and this is partially why I did this but I'm not sure whether its a good idea to do this now when valentines day is across the corner. It seems incredibly cruel and adding insult to injury. Should I break up with her now and should I come clean about the cheating or just come up with some other excuse?

Do it asap and be honest at what you did.
Original post by intelligent con

Um, break up now because she will definitely feel worse on Valentines day. If she was getting on your nerves, you should have broken up as soon as she was, instead of cheating on her. Just end it now
(edited 8 years ago)
At least you will save money not buying her anything..its win win tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Im a bastard for this but since you have no morals why not enjoy valentines sex first, dump her over text after for dick points, oh and dont say u cheated say it was just cus shes ugly

yolo cant believe i just wrote that sometimes i think id make a really good villain
Original post by whorace
Im a bastard for this but since you have no morals why not enjoy valentines sex first, dump her over text after for dick points, oh and dont say u cheated say it was just cus shes ugly

yolo cant believe i just wrote that sometimes i think id make a really good villain

no
If you are going to end the relationship, at least do it by talking to her, no dumping by text or changing relationship status on Facebook.
...you're considering doing it on valentine's day instead of doing it before or after? wot
Reply 9
Just dump her next week, dont be horrible on Valentine's day.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
...you're considering doing it on valentine's day instead of doing it before or after? wot
its the next time I see her in person and if I do it over facebook I look like the bad guy

Quick Reply