The Student Room Group

Does she Like me or just playing hard to get? Really unsure

Ok so we used to meet up 3 times a week and just either chat, get some food, or go on a run (mainly what we did). She then gave some signs that she liked me and I heard from others she genuinely did but I did nothing about it cause I wasn't too sure. She even introduced me to her group of friends and took them along occasionally to when we met. Then all the runs stopped since she gets cold easily and Hey... It's England. Haven't really talked in person since, just text. So as a surprise I sent a rose, but find out other people have done the same- mainly due to the fact she posted it on social media and even tagged one of the people who sent it to her (but not me).

I rather know, but asking her seems a bit forward?
So from this what would you suggest I do?
**** that bitch you can do better son. Send a rose to me instead, I'll fulfil your needs.
Ask her on a date. If she says no then at least you know and you can move on.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Ok so we used to meet up 3 times a week and just either chat, get some food, or go on a run (mainly what we did). She then gave some signs that she liked me and I heard from others she genuinely did but I did nothing about it cause I wasn't too sure. She even introduced me to her group of friends and took them along occasionally to when we met. Then all the runs stopped since she gets cold easily and Hey... It's England. Haven't really talked in person since, just text. So as a surprise I sent a rose, but find out other people have done the same- mainly due to the fact she posted it on social media and even tagged one of the people who sent it to her (but not me).

I rather know, but asking her seems a bit forward?
So from this what would you suggest I do?

If others were saying she liked you then what stopped you from asking her out?
She probably has lost interest or she is busy, grow some balls and ask her out before someone else does.
You know who these other contenders are?

Eliminate the competition.

Anyway, if it were me and hitmen are not an option. Id give it a week and ask her on a date. You seem to know each other pretty well and shes getting attention from other guys. Id give it a few days just so the initial effect of receiving all these roses begins to fade then ask her before anyone else gets a chance. Being forward seems like a good plan to me in this situation.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by chikane
If others were saying she liked you then what stopped you from asking her out?
She probably has lost interest or she is busy, grow some balls and ask her out before someone else does.

What stopped me was the reliability of the source.

Another point: what if she mention guys she thought were hot?
Reply 6
Original post by Bern Herkins
You know who these other contenders are?

Eliminate the competition.

Anyway, if it were me and hitmen are not an option. Id give it a week and ask her on a date. You seem to know each other pretty well and shes getting attention from other guys. Id give it a few days just so the initial effect of receiving all these roses begins to fade then ask her before anyone else gets a chance. Being forward seems like a good plan to me in this situation.

I know some of the contenders... I know for a fact that I'm better than most of them (3 out of 5). The other one I would say is better than me, but he just broke up with his long term girlfriend so I doubt he is going for it. The last one (the one who was tagged on social media) I do not know whether they are "exclusive" or even attracted to each other etc. I just saw a photo that someone else posted and tagged them in it of them together which may confirm my suspicions. I have her best friend who she introduced to me to try and find out.
I know some of the contenders... I know for a fact that I'm better than most of them (3 out of 5). The other one I would say is better than me, but he just broke up with his long term girlfriend so I doubt he is going for it. The last one (the one who was tagged on social media) I do not know whether they are "exclusive" or even attracted to each other etc. I just saw a photo that someone else posted and tagged them in it of them together which may confirm my suspicions. I have her best friend who she introduced to me to try and find out.

Okay. Definitely ask her out within a week/week and half but leave it for a few days first. Let me know how it goes :smile:
Reply 8
Well she just replied bleh to the photo... Any idea what this means?
Reply 9
What stopped me was the reliability of the source.

Another point: what if she mention guys she thought were hot?

Well she just replied bleh to the photo... Any idea what this means?

Did you ask her whether they were dating as bleh could mean either she dosen't think much of him or she dosen't care. Find out if she is with someone if not get in there pronto and ask her out!
Original post by chikane
Did you ask her whether they were dating as bleh could mean either she dosen't think much of him or she dosen't care. Find out if she is with someone if not get in there pronto and ask her out!

Isn't that a bit awkward though if I just ask for no reason unless I say cause I wanted to make a move... How bout asking through her friend? I don't want to seem like I only using her to see whether I should make a move etc.
Isn't that a bit awkward though if I just ask for no reason unless I say cause I wanted to make a move... How bout asking through her friend? I don't want to seem like I only using her to see whether I should make a move etc.

I meant ask her friend but in a subtle way.
Original post by chikane
I meant ask her friend but in a subtle way.

Ok I asked, and she said she loved the gesture and found the note I wrote funny, and as far as the friend was aware of, no one was seeing her, so the next step?
Ok I asked, and she said she loved the gesture and found the note I wrote funny, and as far as the friend was aware of, no one was seeing her, so the next step?

That is good, ask her out for lunch or coffee as you said you have not met her in ages then tell her you want to be with her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending