The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Awesome Genius
Cos we're always on nights. This has been my dinner for the past few nights.

A can of pepsi max and some M&S Sushi.

Soon it will be Asda Sushi :frown:

On a serious note though, the new contract will create a situation where only people who are already well off will actually want to do medicine. Terrible really.

dinner.jpg

as a doctor, you shouldnt be drinking pepsi:biggrin: jokes
you actually put a thread up about downgrading sushi? wow
Original post by TheArtofProtest
You brought the Sushi from M&S but you brought the Pepsi from home?

Such a cheapskate... :wink:

OBVIOUSLY lol

Why would I pay extortionate M&S dink rates

I bought about 48 cans of Pepsi Max from Tesco.
Original post by Justmoll28
you actually put a thread up about downgrading sushi? wow

My post has deeper meaning, its not just about the sushi.
My post has deeper meaning, its not just about the sushi.

if its about the whole pay and striking, i mean, you are still a junior doctor so why dont you just have a career swerve while youre still young? simples
Nice legs AG, I always imagined them to be just like that :smile:
You've had **** sushi a few nights in a row? Aren't you sick of it.
Original post by callum_law
You've had **** sushi a few nights in a row? Aren't you sick of it.

Well kinda. I buy different types. Tonight was vegetarian.

The cafe closes down before I even start!
Original post by Fiduciam
Nice legs AG, I always imagined them to be just like that :smile:

Well kinda. I buy different types. Tonight was vegetarian.

The cafe closes down before I even start!

Even more hellish.
Original post by Justmoll28
if its about the whole pay and striking, i mean, you are still a junior doctor so why dont you just have a career swerve while youre still young? simples

Junior means very little. Junior doctors vary in age from early 20s to late 40s (and that's just the range let alone outliers).

The contract imposition affects parents, especially mums. It affects people with mortgages. It affects people working LTFT (less than full time). It affects Drs who want to do medicinal research (to maybe find cures for cancer). It affects all junior doctors who have only ever done medicine and want to continue being a doctor because that is their vocation.

The whole contract thing is not about just pay to a lot of junior doctors.

It is about long term patient safety, their personal health, and the fact that no government should impose an unfair contract on half of the Doctor workforce in this country. (Juniors make up over half of all doctors because a junior is simply every doctor who isn't a consultant and it takes upwards of 10 years to get to consultant level).

DOI: I am not, and don't plan on being a doctor.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12

On a serious note though, the new contract will create a situation where only people who are already well off will actually want to do medicine. Terrible really.

dinner.jpg

Awesomeness, shouldn't you eat more healthily? :frown:
Original post by kka25

If you think that's an unhealthy dinner for a junior doctor, you're in for a big surprise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kka25

He's eating avocado maki. It's hardly a kebab from Mega Takeaway or somewhere similarly named of ill-repute.
Reply 15
Original post by callum_law
He's eating avocado maki. It's hardly a kebab from Mega Takeaway or somewhere similarly named of ill-repute.

Well, that's pushing it a bit :tongue: Sushi is known to be a fast-food thing really.
Original post by kka25
Well, that's pushing it a bit :tongue: Sushi is known to be a fast-food thing really.

It's also known for being quite healthy. Hence the Japanese having such lengthy lifespans.

dinner.jpg

I know you're being toungue-in-cheek, but I work as a carer doing shift work and I take a better lunch with me than you do and the time of my shift makes no difference as to whether I eat well or not. I prepare sandwiches, fruit, snacks and a drink before I leave for work - pop it all in a cool bag, sorted.

Working a night shift doesn't mean you have to eat convenience food. I also work long and often times unsociable hours and I'd bet that I do a lot more physical manual handling of patients than you do and I get paid a hell of a lot less. When I hear people talking of ''oh but lives are in doctors hands'' - they're in our hands too , literally when we're hoisting them out of bed, transferring them with stand aids etc and giving out medications (a responsibility for which we get a ONE DAY medication course and then ONE POUND per shift for the extra responsibility). We're more overworked, understaffed and underpaid than junior doctors and we have lives in our hands too - do you see us striking and leaving our patients etc? No.

I know I just went totally serious on you, but you're trivializing something controversial that a lot of people in the health care industry (like me) have strong opinions about.

Also, with regard to the bold part - you're pretty sheltered if you think that's not already the case generally.
People dropping out of medical training, people switching careers, majority of those who work in the NHS having considered leaving their profession in the last year, a decision that is going to add to the huge stress junior doctors already face and put the health and safety of both junior doctors and patients at risk.

But it's all for the good of the country and the people, of course.

NHS staff are slowly being spread thinner and thinner - there's going to come a point where they can't be spread any further and the staff shortage is going to have to be addressed properly.

On a lighter note, I'd call Asda an upgrade, if anything. On the few occassions I've been to M&S, I have been far from impressed.

Original post by Ethereal World
Junior means very little. Junior doctors vary in age from early 20s to late 40s (and that's just the range let alone outliers).

The contract imposition affects parents, especially mums. It affects people with mortgages. It affects people working LTFT (less than full time). It affects Drs who want to medicinal research (to maybe find cures for cancer). It affects all junior doctors who have only ever done medicine and want to continue being a doctor because that is their vocation.

It is about long term patient safety, their personal health, and the fact that no government should impose an unfair contract on half of the Doctor workforce in this country. (Juniors make up over half of all doctors because a junior is simply every doctor who isn't a consultant and it takes upwards of 10 years to get to consultant level).

Mobile site won't let me rep you ffs. :colonhash:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ethereal World

The contract imposition affects parents, especially mums. It affects people with mortgages. It affects people working LTFT (less than full time). It affects Drs who want to medicinal research (to maybe find cures for cancer). It affects all junior doctors who have only ever done medicine and want to continue being a doctor because that is their vocation.

Couldn't rep you for this, but thank you for explaining it :yep: bang on

Latest