The Student Room Group

When the same job post is being posted - what can be implied about the company?

I applied for this particular job post a few years back, but didn't go through it at the time. Then a year later, saw the same job post from the same company and decided to apply but didn't get it. A year later, I saw the exact post being advertised again.

What can be implied about the company/post here? High turn-over? People leaving the post? Position hard to fill-up?
Could be that they are assessing thier staffing needs for the next financial year at the same time every year and are in growth. Btw 1per year isnt high turn over. My last spot it was 1 per 2 month.
Reply 2
Original post by earthworm
Could be that they are assessing thier staffing needs for the next financial year at the same time every year and are in growth. Btw 1per year isnt high turn over. My last spot it was 1 per 2 month.

Could be.

Well, actually, the exact post has been there for months, which of course stretches for years now.
Original post by kka25
Could be.

Well, actually, the exact post has been there for months, which of course stretches for years now.

Can't find anyone suitable to fill the position long-term then I guess.

We had a position like that at my workplace which has since been removed, they wanted someone with experience but were advertising a lower starting salary than any of the competitors so nobody with the experience they wanted, wanted the job. It just sat there for months.
Reply 4
Original post by IanDangerously

We had a position like that at my workplace which has since been removed, they wanted someone with experience but were advertising a lower starting salary than any of the competitors so nobody with the experience they wanted, wanted the job. It just sat there for months.

Wouldn't the whole process be a bit pointless then?
Original post by kka25
Wouldn't the whole process be a bit pointless then?

Possibly. It was removed when we went into quiet season after Xmas but I dare say during the summer there'll be demand again and it'll end up back on there. Sometimes its hard to fill a position because the wage demands of the type of person you want aren't what you want to offer, or in some cases simply because its a job that nobody really wants to do. Happens quite a lot.

Quick Reply