The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Does it matter if don't have an insurance choice?

I have an unconditional from my first choice uni - but and interview coming up at a place i really don't want to go to. Would it matter if rejected the uni where the interview is and was only left with one offer in ucas to make my first choice and then not have an insurance. I'm worried it will all go wrong!
Reply 1
Original post by alyxx
I have an unconditional from my first choice uni - but and interview coming up at a place i really don't want to go to. Would it matter if rejected the uni where the interview is and was only left with one offer in ucas to make my first choice and then not have an insurance. I'm worried it will all go wrong!

If you have an unconditional offer it can't really go wrong. As long as you didn't lie on your UCAS application (this includes omitting things) and nothing has changed that now makes any of that information untrue, then the uni have to take you. Additionally, if you are firming an unconditional offer then you cannot choose an insurance choice.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
If you have an unconditional offer at a university that you 100% wish to attend, then an insurance offer is not relevant.

It matters when your offers are conditional upon results. In that case you would need an insurance offer just in case you do not meet the required conditions.
Reply 3
Original post by Juno
If you have an unconditional offer it can't really go wrong. As long as you didn't lie on your UCAS application (this includes omitting things) and nothing has changed that now makes any of that information untrue, then the uni have to take you. Additionally, if you are firming an unconditional offer then you cannot choose an insurance choice.

Thankyou so much :smile: That's reassured me - My unconditional offer is condition if i make it my firm choice - but conditional if i dont. It will be my firm either way. So would it matter to only have on choice/offer in ucas?
Reply 4
Original post by alyxx
Thankyou so much :smile: That's reassured me - My unconditional offer is condition if i make it my firm choice - but conditional if i dont. It will be my firm either way. So would it matter to only have on choice/offer in ucas?

You would technically be allowed to choose an insurance choice, but as soon as the offer changes to unconditional the insurance choice would effectively disappear. So no, it won't matter if you do or don't have one.

Quick Reply

Latest