The Student Room Group

Tinder is only really for white male models...

Did a bit of an experiment on Tinder. Used different images of male models from different races with 100 swipes to the right each.

The result was that the minority male models got virtually no matches. White male model got around 20-30 times more matches, with women from all races.

Obviously I will do the test a few more times because i am bored and also because I want to validate the results. I will put more pictures on of different male categories (e.g. average looking white male, average looking minority males) and see what happens.

Scroll to see replies

That's a bit weird. Why do you care so much?
Women are too superficial nowadays :s-smilie:
Lol. Are you going to publish your findings in a journal?
Reply 4
Original post by georgiaswift

Because I want to tell people the truth about online dating platforms and that online dating is heavily favoured towards white males. I.e. I want to get people to stop wasting their time.
Lol well done mate you've discovered huge systematic racism and oppression on Tinder, congrats you've earned a scholarship to study sociology at Goldsmith's university.
Reply 6
Original post by Legendairy

We pretty much live in a world where our consciousness is preoccupied by the perceptions of others on a screen. I.e. Everyone just becomes an accessory and the most "in fashion" accessory wins.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/fashion-student-found-hanged-after-7355296
Reply 7
Original post by Ayyylmaoo
Lol well done mate you've discovered huge systematic racism and oppression on Tinder, congrats you've earned a scholarship to study sociology at Goldsmith's university.

Erm, they make millions from ignorance. Maybe I do this because i don't think minorities should be feeding millions into such platforms ?
Original post by Legendairy

I'm not sure this is true. I think it's more that Tinder lends itself to judging people primarily on their appearance.
Reply 9
People select people they find attractive. Big deal
👀👀
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
Erm, they make millions from ignorance. Maybe I do this because i don't think minorities should be feeding millions into such platforms ?

Sorry what, you've run a tiny "study" and now conclude out of all the possible reasons that there's a causal systemic racist sort of vibe on Tinder? You don't speak on behalf of all ethnic minorities do you? No one cares.
We pretty much live in a world where our consciousness is preoccupied by the perceptions of others on a screen. I.e. Everyone just becomes an accessory and the most "in fashion" accessory wins.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/fashion-student-found-hanged-after-7355296

did she get what was coming to her?:s-smilie:
Did a bit of an experiment on Tinder. Used different images of male models from different races with 100 swipes to the right each.

The result was that the minority male models got virtually no matches. White male model got around 20-30 times more matches, with women from all races.

Obviously I will do the test a few more times because i am bored and also because I want to validate the results. I will put more pictures on of different male categories (e.g. average looking white male, average looking minority males) and see what happens.

People already know this sort of thing anyway, you're not really being original:

http://cdn.okccdn.com/blog/raceattr/scores2009.png?v=1
http://cdn.okccdn.com/blog/raceattr/scoresDateHookup.png?v=1

A lot of people like dating their own race - seeing as Britain's majorly white your 'results' correspond with what's known as the status quo.
Original post by Ayyylmaoo
Sorry what, you've run a tiny "study" and now conclude out of all the possible reasons that there's a causal systemic racist sort of vibe on Tinder? You don't speak on behalf of all ethnic minorities do you? No one cares.

Well, Tinder is not the racist, the app itself cannot be racist. Women ultimately do the choosing on these online platforms without fear of people seeing their choices. Now, ultimately, they overwhelmingly prefer white male models, compared to models from other races. I would be interested in seeing how the average white male stacks up against the minority male model on this app.
Reply 15
Tinder promotes race mixing of Whites with Blacks like everywhere these days

Call me racist but you will not see race mixing encouraged of non-White people..

See how you like it, when you see your own men and women turned against eachother.

Attachment not found

Their agenda is simple. Have Whites not have White children. Die out. It's simple as that. You're racist to support this clear propaganda used only against Whites.

If you're an Asian male, would you like it if they encouraged Asian females to have Black babies? hell no.
Original post by georgiaswift

Why are you always so bossy? :teehee:
Original post by AyeKay
Tinder promotes race mixing of Whites with Blacks like everywhere these days

Call me racist but you will not see race mixing encouraged of non-White people..

See how you like it, when you see your own men and women turned against eachother.

Attachment not found

Their agenda is simple. Have Whites not have White children. Die out. It's simple as that. You're racist to support this clear propaganda used only against Whites.

If you're an Asian male, would you like it if they encouraged Asian females to have Black babies? hell no.

How does it?
Original post by Docjones1
People already know this sort of thing anyway, you're not really being original:

http://cdn.okccdn.com/blog/raceattr/scores2009.png?v=1
http://cdn.okccdn.com/blog/raceattr/scoresDateHookup.png?v=1

A lot of people like dating their own race - seeing as Britain's majorly white your 'results' correspond with what's known as the status quo.

Well, i get that people overwhelmingly like to date their own race. But it does not explain how minority women overwhelmingly prefer white males too , online. If that is their true thought then its a bit depressing.
Well, i get that people overwhelmingly like to date their own race. But it does not explain how minority women overwhelmingly prefer white males too , online. If that is their true thought then its a bit depressing.

Ugly white people have it bad too!

Latest

Trending

Trending