The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
Aren't you a bitter one.

You're a good example. You think exceptionally highly of yourself (good to see that you've adopted the Cambridge mentality of "I go to Cambridge, THEREFORE I am better than you"), criticise people unduly, and proceed to label people bitter. Is that your best?

Superficially, your appearance suggests you ought to find work at my local Kebab place, they're looking for employees.
Original post by enaayrah
Lol okay believe what you want

Believe? Your sentence lacks proper structure and is largely erroneous. Come again, darling, dear!
Original post by Bath_Student
You're a good example. You think exceptionally highly of yourself (good to see that you've adopted the Cambridge mentality of "I go to Cambridge, THEREFORE I am better than you":wink:, criticise people unduly, and proceed to label people bitter. Is that your best?

Superficially, your appearance suggests you ought to find work at my local Kebab place, they're looking for employees.

Says the guy who posts this outta nowhere on the Cambridge thread:

I still can't get over the fact that Cambridge accepted people who (genuinely?) use - on a regular basis - words such as "fam" and "boi", and yet rejected me.

You got rejected. Suck it up
Reply 43
Original post by IFoundWonderland
14553705826701668943489.jpg
This really isn't working for me.

From 2log4x+1=log4x2 \log_4 x + 1 = \log_4 x, we have: log4x2+log44=log4x\log_4 x^2 + \log_4 4 = \log_ 4 x (using the power rule on 2 log4 x and rewriting 1 as log_4 4.

Then, let's combine the two logarithms on the LHS using the role logab+logac=logabc\log_a b + \log_a c = \log_a bc.

This gets us: log44x2=log4x\log_4 4x^2 = \log_4 x.

Now - we compare the arguments: 4x2=x4x^2 = x.
Original post by Zacken
From 2log4x+1=log4x2 \log_4 x + 1 = \log_4 x, we have: log4x2+log44=log4x\log_4 x^2 + \log_4 4 = \log_ 4 x (using the power rule on 2 log4 x and rewriting 1 as log_4 4.

Then, let's combine the two logarithms on the LHS using the role logab+logac=logabc\log_a b + \log_a c = \log_a bc.

This gets us: log44x2=log4x\log_4 4x^2 = \log_4 x.

Now - we compare the arguments: 4x2=x4x^2 = x.

As I said, essentially.

QED.
I just got "personal rating" from the man himself @TeeEm . My ego's exploding.
Well done! You underestimate yourself.

Your error is that when you multiply through by 2, the 1 needs doubling as well!

After that, forget y-substitution, the other method works just fine.

I've spotted a few other trivial errors on your working sheet. Such as when you use the log(4) x - log(4) x^2 = log(4) x/x^2 rule, the base only appears once! Also, you needn't substitute at all, as 2log(a) x - log(a) x is, of course, 1 log(a) x

Sorry for late reply - was having lunch.

Got it now:
1455372759030-1800297048.jpg
Thanks so much for your help :awesome:
Reply 47
As I said, essentially.

QED.

Sure, except half your post was wrong and you seem utterly incapable of typesetting mathematics, not that I'm surprised, given the lack of... intellect you display rather promiscuously.
Believe? Your sentence lacks proper structure and is largely erroneous. Come again, darling, dear!

Ok
Original post by IFoundWonderland
Sorry for late reply - was having lunch.

Got it now:
1455372759030-1800297048.jpg
Thanks so much for your help :awesome:

You're very welcome, I'm glad I could help!
That disappointing moment when you realise that you're more gifted than a substantial part of TSR's Cambridge prospects.

You listening to me, Cambridge Admissions folk?

Lol I missed my offer last year and it took them six weeks to make up their minds whether or not they'd accept me. In the meantime my insurance dropped me (despite meeting that offer after a remark) and I had to turn down a perfect gap year job under the assumption of a possibility.

They then advised me to reapply and do an extra a level as well as my resits. I went back to school doing two whole a levels in a year and an epq plus resits.

They then rejected me pre interview.

The bitterness doesn't wane.
Reply 51
Now that the OP's gotten the help she needs, I'm closing this thread before things get any worse. Thanks to everybody that helped!

Latest