The Student Room Group

July or Jan Intake?

Hello guys! I am a student doing my O-levels right now (7 subjects). I will finish my exams in the May/June session of 2016. The college I will be doing my A-levels in has two intakes. In July and January. So my question is should I join the July intake in 2016 or should I join the January intake in 2017. My parents are against me taking a 6-month break fearing I might lag behind in my studies. But I want to maybe get a part time job, go for a football training academy, or maybe even take a few extra subjects to write in the winter session to try and apply for a scholarship. I want to gain some exposure and get to know the world more. My birth date is in June 1999, I am 16 years old now. So what are the pros and cons of joining in either intakes? I would like advice from anybody who has faced this situation before or knows about this dilemma.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown:

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses. :redface:

:h:

Quick Reply

Latest