The Student Room Group

TSR posting stats of the week.

So for the past two months I have been pretty much unemployed as I was searching for a training contract. That mission is now complete and I then had to set about finding employment for the interim period between now and September when I start the graduate conversion course in law. I found a job a month ago and am starting on Monday so my TSR addiction is going to have to take a back seat now :cry:. I'm slightly concerned about withdrawal symptoms though especially with this in mind:

image.png

Taken from: http://boardreader.com/site/The_Student_Room_18499.html

Shout out to my fellow addicted pals:

TeeEm (thanks for saving my ass)
Blondie987
Mango peeler
Kyx
SeanFM
Homeland.lsw
Alexion
BrokenLife

What are YOUR excuses?

:getmecoat:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ethereal World
So for the past two months I have been pretty much unemployed as I was searching for a training contract. That mission is now complete and I then had to set about finding employment for the interim period between now and September when I start the graduate conversion course in law. I found a job a month ago and am starting on Monday so my TSR addiction is going to have to take a back seat now :cry:. I'm slightly concerned about withdrawal symptoms though especially with this in mind:

image.png

Taken from: http://boardreader.com/site/The_Student_Room_18499.html

Shout out to my fellow addicted pals:

TeeEm (thanks for saving my ass)
Blondie987
Mango peeler
Kyx
SeanFM
Homeland.lsw
Alexion
BrokenLife

What are YOUR excuses?

:getmecoat:

After seeing those stats I think I am going to cut down a lot too. See ya!
Original post by SeanFM
After seeing those stats I think I am going to cut down a lot too. See ya!

Sorry. I didn't mean to call you out or anything :h:

But seriously at least you aren't me. But then I'm not studying a maths degree rn :tongue:
Reply 3
go to the welcome lounge and you will see why ...
Sorry. I didn't mean to call you out or anything :h:

But seriously at least you aren't me. But then I'm not studying a maths degree rn :tongue:

It's okay :h: leaving has been on my mind but can't leave at the moment for reasons xyz.

And yes, my degree is super important :wink: want to do as well as you and be remembered in my department!
Original post by TeeEm
go to the welcome lounge and you will see why ...

Oh damn. You welcome people. :facepalm: I have no such excuses.
Original post by SeanFM
It's okay :h: leaving has been on my mind but can't leave at the moment for reasons xyz.

And yes, my degree is super important :wink: want to do as well as you and be remembered in my department!

The thing is I'm not gonna leave but working full time and being more tired and having stimulation will naturally mean I won't frequent this place that much anymore. But I'm still gonna be around. I guess it's about finding a balance.

It also depends what you do to unwind. At uni I didn't go out clubbing and get drunk because that isn't my bag so if I spent time procrastinating on other stuff that took me away from uni that's fine. I guess this doesn't feel terrible because it is remotely related to study.

I didn't start working like a machine til the final year anyway. I coasted before that.
The thing is I'm not gonna leave but working full time and being more tired and having stimulation will naturally mean I won't frequent this place that much anymore. But I'm still gonna be around. I guess it's about finding a balance.

It also depends what you do to unwind. At uni I didn't go out clubbing and get drunk because that isn't my bag so if I spent time procrastinating on other stuff that took me away from uni that's fine. I guess this doesn't feel terrible because it is remotely related to study.

I didn't start working like a machine til the final year anyway. I coasted before that.

I s'pose it is :tongue:

It can be educational I suppose, except when you start posting about crushing on other TSR members :facepalm2: @ByronicHero

Study habits are difficult to suddenly pick up though :holmes: (in my case I was fine in the first year when it didn't count and lost it in the first semester of the next year, where it does count. :hide:)

I s'pose moderation is the goal. :h:
Reply 8
Everyone on that list needs to step outside and get some sunlight.
Original post by lustawny

:h: if you're not working or studying you can do all of the above. I get plenty of Vitamin D.
AHAHAHAHA oh god I need help

Nah bro, my life is here
Original post by SeanFM
I s'pose it is :tongue:

It can be educational I suppose, except when you start posting about crushing on other TSR members :facepalm2: @ByronicHero

Study habits are difficult to suddenly pick up though :holmes: (in my case I was fine in the first year when it didn't count and lost it in the first semester of the next year, where it does count. :hide:)

I s'pose moderation is the goal. :h:

Remind me of my anon fail why don't you ? Byronic hero is cool with it. We've sparked a friendship from the failure so I mean I've not lost anything except my entire online ego. :rofl:

Yes see first year I really didn't bother. I still did well by cramming but I just chilled out (I didn't even party so god knows what I was doing- just copious peep show and napping I think). I read an essay I wrote in first year the other day and it is literally tragic :facepalm2:

I found actually treating uni almost like a 9-5 job in final year really helped me. I also got incentivised by my own inner competition. I wanted to do that well. And so I kind of thrived on my own hyper anxiety to get it. Just constantly put yourself in fight or flight mode.... Basically :wink:
:h: if you're not working or studying you can do all of the above. I get plenty of Vitamin D.

Well, obviously not, because you seem to spend every waking hour on TSR. You even talk about 'withdrawal symptoms'. I mean, honestly...
Well, obviously not, because you seem to spend every waking hour on TSR. You even talk about 'withdrawal symptoms'. I mean, honestly...

I'm kidding. Sorry I forgot you didn't have a sense of humour. :h:
Remind me of my anon fail why don't you ? Byronic hero is cool with it. We've sparked a friendship from the failure so I mean I've not lost anything except my entire online ego. :rofl:

Yes see first year I really didn't bother. I still did well by cramming but I just chilled out (I didn't even party so god knows what I was doing- just copious peep show and napping I think). I read an essay I wrote in first year the other day and it is literally tragic :facepalm2:

I found actually treating uni almost like a 9-5 job in final year really helped me. I also got incentivised by my own inner competition. I wanted to do that well. And so I kind of thrived on my own hyper anxiety to get it. Just constantly put yourself in fight or flight mode.... Basically :wink:

There's always room for it to blossom into something more. :sexface:

:woo: I don't blame you, peep show is the best.

:redface: interesting, I'll have to try that this year. Hopefully the 9-5 (it finishes at 5:10 for some reason....) I have to do next year will get me into shape for the third year anyway. :redface:
Original post by SeanFM
There's always room for it to blossom into something more. :sexface:

:woo: I don't blame you, peep show is the best.

:redface: interesting, I'll have to try that this year. Hopefully the 9-5 (it finishes at 5:10 for some reason....) I have to do next year will get me into shape for the third year anyway. :redface:

Peep show is unbelievable. Me and my female housemate at university were undeniably female Mark and Jez version. Guess which one I am?

Oh you're doing a placement? Where are you doing it? And I think that's the thing. Doing the placement year disciplined me and taught me the value of separating work and not working into two distinct areas- it's hard to do that at university in your mind. So when I came back for final year I was just super motivated and eager to smash it. My problem is I sort of overshot it (but that's not a bad thing). I went out probably about 4 times in my final year :hide: I preferred to stay in and drink whisky, watching family guy in my pants.
Haha simply because of insomnia! :frown:
Original post by BrokenLife
Haha simply because of insomnia! :frown:

Awwww :hugs: insomnia sucks so badly. I always find a cup of hot chocolate and reading Harry Potter cures me but I know it is often not that simple.

At least you are putting your insomnia good use :wink:

There's seriously something wrong with you.

First the post a picture of yourself thread, now this.:flybye:

Quick Reply

Latest