The Student Room Group

Danish Imam Urges Government to Accept Child Marriages Among Refugees

https://www.rt.com/news/332282-child-brides-denmark-refugees/

Imam Oussama El-Saadi, of the Aarhus mosque in Denmark, said that child brides should be looked at from a “different perspective.”

“It is an extraordinary humanitarian situation, and I think you have to take care of these families. They’re married, and even if the man is twice as old as they have built a family. We have to accept that it is a different culture, and we cannot destroy family life,” he told Danish newspaper Metroxpress.

Should we accept the "different culture" of the refugees?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What would Captain Sweden do?
Original post by antipol
What would Captain Sweden do?

Bend over and take it like a good boy.
If this Iman wasn't born in Denmark then they should deport him.

If he is Danish then shut down his Mosque and ban him from preaching his backwards 12th century ********.
Now this is just ridiculous.
What a palaver Europe is facing.
Feminists will keep quiet about this one too.

Since they are ardent defenders of both child rights and indeed immigration/refugee rights, Feminists can't take a side. So they'll sit back on this one and only intervene when the far right make their move.
Original post by NickLCFC
https://www.rt.com/news/332282-child-brides-denmark-refugees/

Imam Oussama El-Saadi, of the Aarhus mosque in Denmark, said that child brides should be looked at from a “different perspective.”

“It is an extraordinary humanitarian situation, and I think you have to take care of these families. They’re married, and even if the man is twice as old as they have built a family. We have to accept that it is a different culture, and we cannot destroy family life,” he told Danish newspaper Metroxpress.

Should we accept the "different culture" of the refugees?

He actually raises a good point. While the bride might be underage, they may have started a familly, which makes the issue a little more complicated.

I think the best course of action is not recognize any marriage involving a minor, and investigate. After the investigation, they would be treated as normal under the law, so if there are signs of abuse (physical or otherwise), or if they continue to be romantically involved, they will be put in prison or deported.

The husbands would essentially be given the option of ending any romantic involvement with their wife for the sake of keeping the familly together.

Of course, allminors should be given ample support and councilling to ensure they have the option of removing the husband from their lives.
Following in the foots steps of Muhammed
Reply 8
b2.jpg
Original post by Whos_Your_Buddha
Feminists will keep quiet about this one too.

Since they are ardent defenders of both child rights and indeed immigration/refugee rights, Feminists can't take a side. So they'll sit back on this one and only intervene when the far right make their move.

What does this even have to do with feminism? You're obsessed.

OP - no. If you move to another country then accept and embrace the culture of that country and respect its laws. Child marriage is not okay and does, in a lot of cases, appear to damage the minor involved. The Imam should have his right to preach with authority completely revoked.
(edited 8 years ago)
If she can't vote at election she most probably can't take an erection.

The imam can go to hell.
Original post by ivybridge
What does this even have to do with feminism? You're obsessed.

OP - no. If you move to another country then accept and embrace the culture of that country and respect its laws. Child marriage is not okay and does, in a lot of cases, appear to damage the minor involved. The Imam should have his right to preach with authority completely revoked.

Quite a lot really, feminists are known for being extremely loud and capable of bullying government into changing policies in their favour. This is the one and only time we actually need them to do something useful and they are simply not interested.

[video="youtube;ecJUqhm2g08"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecJUqhm2g08[/video]
Original post by Jebedee
Quite a lot really, feminists are known for being extremely loud and capable of bullying government into changing policies in their favour. This is the one and only time we actually need them to do something useful and they are simply not interested.

[video="youtube;ecJUqhm2g08"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecJUqhm2g08[/video]

People seriously need to actually educate themselves on feminism. It's a joke.
People seriously need to actually educate themselves on feminism. It's a joke.

It's not that we aren't aware of your "equality of the sexes dogma". We just think you're all liars.
Original post by Jebedee
It's not that we aren't aware of your "equality of the sexes dogma". We just think you're all liars.

Cool story bro, load of ******** of course but you can keep whatever opinions you have.

Edit: that video is disgusting and if you believe that's what feminism is then reevaluate your life.
(edited 8 years ago)
Cool story bro, load of ******** of course but you can keep whatever opinions you have.

Edit: that video is disgusting and if you believe that's what feminism is then reevaluate your life.

The girls who have been forced into child marriages,threatened to be killed if they don't conform and have acid thrown on their faces for having girls instead of boys are the ones who need feminism.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
The girls who have been forced into child marriages,threatened to be killed if they don't conform and have acid thrown on their faces for having girls instead of boys are the ones who need feminism.

They are indeed

Sure, the next time I see feminists protesting because breast cancer gets funding way disproportionate to prostate cancer, trying to stop prison rape, or at least giving a toss about any rapes committed by Muslims. Maybe I'll retract my statement. But I think that is safe as houses.
Original post by Jebedee
Sure, the next time I see feminists protesting because breast cancer gets funding way disproportionate to prostate cancer, trying to stop prison rape, or at least giving a toss about any rapes committed by Muslims. Maybe I'll retract my statement. But I think that is safe as houses.

The media focuses on minorities to give things a bad name which it always has done. Breast Cancer is much more common than prostate cancer - it has nothing to do with gender and you're just whinging. The links are so tenuous youre just itching for a justification. Real feminism, the form I adhere to and every single other feminist I know adheres to, fights for the equality of women on the grounds of the equality of both men and women. It isn't misandry - they are two different things and it is time you learnt that. End of discussion, really.
Can anyone seriously argue this culture isn't inferior?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending