The Student Room Group

Who do you prefer in the Republican and Democrat camp?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by The_Opinion
I explained how Mexico would pay for the wall above. Mexico would most likely pay by having money withdrawn from annual state aid.

I think you need to ask yourself why that aid is being given. America has a huge interest in a stable Mexico. Withdrawing aid will have a destabilising effect that will blow back on the US heavily. Trump's plan is so badly thought out it might as well be satire.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bernie Sanders, because he is a unique politician with some very strong ideas, he could change America in 4 or 8 years for the better.

I don't like any of the republicans particularly, but if I had to choose, Marco Rubio - he's the best informed and has the most consistent views.

As I said, the rest are jokes,

Donald Trump - never explains how he will accomplish things, if you turn a blind eye and ignore the racism and offensiveness, he has never explained 'how' he will get Mexico to pay for the wall, he has never explained 'how' he would defeat IS. His principles are simply that 'he's going to win', and Iowa proved that he isn't invulnerable and he isn't the most popular by far.

Ted Cruz - this man tried to shut down NASA's Earth associations because he doesn't believe in global warming. Someone who ignores every reputable scientist on the planet for no reason should not have this much power. He has also got a record of manipulation with the Ben Carson stuff.

Ben Carson - I'm not sure what this idiot is doing on the stage, he drones on about things and has very low enthusiasm, he quotes memes on the internet thinking that Stalin actually said something, he ignores climate change and he is just not fit for the job at all.

Jeb Bush - he's probably my second favourite just because he is polite and a reasonable person, but his campaign so far has been extremely inefficient.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Aj12
I think you need to ask yourself why that aid is being given. America has a huge interest in a stable Mexico. Withdrawing aid will have a destabilising effect that will blow back on the US heavily. Trump's plan is so badly thought out it might as well be satire.

Posted from TSR Mobile

US aid and trade is far more valuable to Mexico than the cost of a wall. Mexico would pay, in fact I am happy to make a wager with anybody who is willing to do so.
Original post by Frank Underwood
Bernie Sanders, because he is a unique politician with some very strong ideas, he could change America in 4 or 8 years for the better.I don't like any of the republicans particularly, but if I had to choose, Marco Rubio - he's the best informed and has the most consistent views.As I said, the rest are jokes,Donald Trump - never explains how he will accomplish things, if you turn a blind eye and ignore the racism and offensiveness, he has never explained 'how' he will get Mexico to pay for the wall, he has never explained 'how' he would defeat IS. His principles are simply that 'he's going to win', and Iowa proved that he isn't invulnerable and he isn't the most popular by far.Ted Cruz - this man tried to shut down NASA's Earth associations because he doesn't believe in global warming. Someone who ignores every reputable scientist on the planet for no reason should not have this much power. He has also got a record of manipulation with the Ben Carson stuff.Ben Carson - I'm not sure what this idiot is doing on the stage, he drones on about things and has very low enthusiasm, he quotes memes on the internet thinking that Stalin actually said something, he ignores climate change and he is just not fit for the job at all.Jeb Bush - he's probably my second favourite just because he is polite and a reasonable person, but his campaign so far has been extremely inefficient.

Bernie Sanders would bankrupt America, that is really changing the USA "for the better". Liberals and their views never cease to amaze me.

Also, it is no longer called "global warming", it is referred to now as "climate change". Although I am not really surprised by pro-Sanders people not knowing anything.
(edited 8 years ago)
Bernie Sanders would bankrupt America, that is really changing the USA "for the better". Liberals and their views never cease to amaze me.

No he wouldn't.
No he wouldn't.

Yes "free everything" - sounds like a great financial plan.
Yes "free everything" - sounds like a great financial plan.

Better than having the top 0.5% destroy the world
Donald Trump will win Republican nomination because he's the most sensible option. The rest are lunatics.

Jeb is a Bush.

Ben Carson has a picture of himself with Jesus on his wall.

Ted Cruz is Donald Trump but with a whole lot of nastiness on top.

Hilary Clinton will probably win democratic nomination. If she does she'll be president, because sh has the money to beat Trump.

If Sanders wins nomination then Bloomberg will stand and split the votes putting Trump in the White house. Then Putin will bomb him.
Original post by 04MR17
Donald Trump will win Republican nomination because he's the most sensible option. The rest are lunatics.

Jeb is a Bush.

Hilary Clinton will probably win democratic nomination. If she does she'll be president, because sh has the money to beat Trump.

If Sanders wins nomination then Bloomberg will stand and split the votes putting Trump in the White house. Then Putin will bomb him.

When it is national election time Trump will have the might of the GOP behind him, money will not be an issue for him (although they may not be working directly with Trump).

Also, what a lot of naïve Sanders supporters don't seem to realise yet, is how Clinton has the extra bonus of the Democrat party "super delegates".
Original post by 04MR17

Jeb is a Bush.

Anyone apart from Ben Carson would be miles better than Donald Trump, have you even been following the debates? Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio, John Kasich would be better candidates, Cruz would be slightly better but not much.
Anyone apart from Ben Carson would be miles better than Donald Trump, have you even been following the debates? Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio, John Kasich would be better candidates, Cruz would be slightly better but not much.
No, Cruz is worse. Jeb is crap. He had to wheel out his mother because he can't campaign himself. Marco Rubio and John Kasich are just boring, so they won't win.

What? You'd prefer these slimy establishment ****wits to Trump? Given that, on most issues apart from immigration (which needs to be as tough as possible), Trump is far more moderate on the whole, and is also not controlled by wealthy corporate donors?
Original post by VV Cephei A
What? You'd prefer these slimy establishment ****wits to Trump? Given that, on most issues apart from immigration (which needs to be as tough as possible), Trump is far more moderate on the whole, and is also not controlled by wealthy corporate donors?

Trump would destroy America for what it fundamentally is. The USA, with Trump's rather isolationist agenda, would back down as a world power, and instead Putin would have increased influence over the world - which is exactly what he is testing in Syria.

Donald Trump also is the least educated and has the least political experience, he did not know what the nuclear triad is, and he has never explained his policies.

Although personally I prefer Bernie Sanders to any of these incompetent idiots. But Donald Trump is less competent than Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz.
I hate both Democratic candidates, but I hope they pick Hillary so that the Democrats lose the White House in 2015.

On the Republican side my head says Cruz, my heart says Trump. I like Rubio's foreign policy but that's all.
I would prefer Marco Rubio as the Republican nominee and Hillary Clinton as the Democratic nominee and overall Rubio as the candidate who becomes president. At the last election I would have probably opted for Barrack Obama.

Quick Reply