The Student Room Group

M2- Work done help?

A car of mass 1220 kg travels up a striaght road which is inclined at an angle to the horizontal, where sin = 0.05. the resistance to motion are modelled as a constant force of magnitude 1400N. The car travels a distance 25.8 metres whilst increasing its speed from 8m/s to 12m/s. Calculate the work done by the car's engine.

I'm new to work done and don't really understand it yet?
Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by AvM4N
A car of mass travels up a striaght road which is inclined at an angle to the horizontal, where sin = 0.05. the resistance to motion are modelled as a constant force of magnitude 1400N. The car travels a distance 25.8 metres whilst increasing its speed from 8m/s to 12m/s. Calculate the work done by the car's engine.

Thanks

http://www.madasmaths.com/archive/maths_booklets/mechanics/m2_work_and_energy.pdf
Reply 2
What is the mass of the car?
Reply 3
Original post by AvM4N
A car of mass 1220 kg travels up a striaght road which is inclined at an angle to the horizontal, where sin = 0.05. the resistance to motion are modelled as a constant force of magnitude 1400N. The car travels a distance 25.8 metres whilst increasing its speed from 8m/s to 12m/s. Calculate the work done by the car's engine.

Thanks

Draw a nice diagram first, then consider energy changes.

Quick Reply

Latest