The Student Room Group

scientific reasons for believing in god?

scientific, logical evidence which points towards the existence of god

convert me from atheism

Scroll to see replies

I don't think there is any convincing scientific evidence for God's existence, otherwise it would be all over the news.
There is none, any evidence one could muster up to prove god could also be used to prove dragons or unicorns.
Reply 3
the only reason i can think of for the existence is god is that aguero stays playin for city, why else would he stay if god wasnt working his magic? science cant disprove that
Reply 4
Original post by mangala
the only reason i can think of for the existence is god is that aguero stays playin for city, why else would he stay if god wasnt working his magic? science cant disprove that

Was going to reply with a serious answer until I saw this.
Reply 5
Original post by HAnwar
Was going to reply with a serious answer until I saw this.

nah go on i was only joking lad, what proves to u that god is real
There are no scientific reasons.
Reply 7
Original post by mangala
nah go on i was only joking lad, what proves to u that god is real

No scientific proof, just belief.
It's almost in God's definition that he is scientifically unprovable - I think the idea is to have faith.
Reply 9
im not asking for reasons not to believe in god ppl can u read the title im already an atheist
Reply 10
Original post by HAnwar
No scientific proof, just belief.

so why do you believe in something without proof, doesn't that seem silly to you
Reply 11
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
It's almost in God's definition that he is scientifically unprovable - I think the idea is to have faith.

there used to be a really nice ice cream man who came to our street and i hope he wasnt a pedo cos he was cool
Original post by mangala
there used to be a really nice ice cream man who came to our street and i hope he wasnt a pedo cos he was cool

Cool story, bro/a.
Personally, I have been through far too many experiences, which have all in all confirmed my belief in a greater deity. I believe its more or less the same for the rest of the people that believe in God too.
Not exactly proof but the causation argument? Everyone agrees that the universe had a beginning. Non religious people believe this was due to the big bang. The cause of the big bang can be thought of as the action of an omnipotent eternal being i.e. God
Reply 15
Original post by mercuryman
Personally, I have been through far too many experiences, which have all in all confirmed my belief in a greater deity. I believe its more or less the same for the rest of the people that believe in God too.

yeah but "experiences" have no scientific merit or way of proving their validity. i've prayed and nothing has happened, if god wanted me to believe in him why isn't he showing me he exists?
Reply 16
Original post by champ_mc99
Not exactly proof but the causation argument? Everyone agrees that the universe had a beginning. Non religious people believe this was due to the big bang. The cause of the big bang can be thought of as the action of an omnipotent eternal being i.e. God

it can be thought to be as a result of me taking a giant **** in a toilet too, doesn't make it true
Reply 17
Original post by mangala
so why do you believe in something without proof, doesn't that seem silly to you

Well science will never be able to provide proof of God's existence, however we (Muslims) have our own proof- the Qur'an which was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
Original post by mangala
yeah but "experiences" have no scientific merit or way of proving their validity. i've prayed and nothing has happened, if god wanted me to believe in him why isn't he showing me he exists?

Beats me. I'm happy with God in my life, and that's all that matters.
Science and God is an oxymoron i'm afraid! And that's the scientific way of putting it.

Quick Reply

Latest