The Student Room Group

Good interesting A Level courses to choose?

I really like History and I'm in the middle of choosing my A Level courses but don't know what subjects to choose. Any help would be great thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ThompsonL99
I really like History and I'm in the middle of choosing my A Level courses but don't know what subjects to choose. Any help would be great thanks.

philosophy and ethics. it would go well with history, as i'm doing both of these subjects.
Reply 2
Do you want to study history at university?
Reply 3
Original post by Shumaya
Do you want to study history at university?

its a possibility, I haven't really though about it. what would be a good carer to choose if I like History?
Reply 4
its a possibility, I haven't really though about it. what would be a good carer to choose if I like History?

history teacher, in politics
Reply 5
Original post by KaurNav

you could do history and philsophy together at uni.
Reply 6
Original post by KaurNav
philosophy and ethics. it would go well with history, as i'm doing both of these subjects.

Thank you.
what are you planning to study at Uni? have you thought about the job you want in the future having chose these subjects? because I really don't know what I want to study at Uni or my future job
Reply 7
Thank you.
what are you planning to study at Uni? have you thought about the job you want in the future having chose these subjects? because I really don't know what I want to study at Uni or my future job

no, i'm actually studying accounting at uni in next year as i also do accounting at a-level.
Reply 8
thank you. :smile:
Original post by KaurNav
Reply 9
Original post by KaurNav
no, i'm actually studying accounting at uni in next year as i also do accounting at a-level.

i do really enjoy philosphy and ethics so somtimes wish i had chosen that for my uni course but its too late now.
oh I see, is accounting good?
Original post by KaurNav
Reply 11
Original post by KaurNav
i do really enjoy philosphy and ethics so somtimes wish i had chosen that for my uni course but its too late now.

are you doing your GCSE's now?
Thank you :smile:
Original post by maryamk97
the sciences
yes I will be in the summer, then next year ill be going into sixth form.
Original post by KaurNav
Reply 14
Original post by KaurNav

yeah i do like accounting too, but i think you could do business, socialogy or psychology too. it depends if you like writing too many essays. in history and phil&ethic we write alot of essays.
what sort of job opportunities is there with philosophy and ethics?
Original post by KaurNav
Reply 16
what sort of job opportunities is there with philosophy and ethics?

i guess philsophy or R.E teacher at secondary school or at higher or a lecturer
Thank you, hopefully this will help me choose my courses:smile:
Original post by KaurNav
i guess philsophy or R.E teacher at secondary school or at higher or a lecturer
You can study history at university if you enjoy it. If you do it at a decent university and get a 2:1 or above, you can do a wide range of jobs. Look here:
https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-advice/what-can-i-do-with-my-degree/history
or here
http://www.topuniversities.com/student-info/careers-advice/what-can-you-do-history-degree

Most history courses only require an A level in history. Other useful subjects would be english lit, politics, philosophy, economics, philosophy and ethics.
Reply 19
Thank you, hopefully this will help me choose my courses:smile:

it's ok, hope it helps

Quick Reply

Latest