The Student Room Group

Does anyone actually like chavs?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
People don't change unless they have a sufficient impetus to do so and even then it's a lot of effort. I don't hold that much power over him

Of course you do? Making a difference in someones life is rewarding in itself, if you can't find 'sufficient impetus' to do so then it's simply a crush and not a potential serious relationship at all.
Original post by Meridian-S
Of course you do? Making a difference in someones life is rewarding in itself, if you can't find 'sufficient impetus' to do so then it's simply a crush and not a potential serious relationship at all.

He's not really the kind of guy that respects women, if you know what I mean. He's far more of a lads lad
He's not really the kind of guy that respects women, if you know what I mean. He's far more of a lads lad

Well if you're so set on not having a chance, then there is no chance in the first place, %0, nill, none.
Original post by Meridian-S
Well if you're so set on not having a chance, then there is no chance in the first place, %0, nill, none.

I'd rather not get hurt tbh; I don't think he's worth it when there's perfectly good men out there who I have a lot more in common with
I used to be a burberry wearing, council flat living degenerate until i learnt about making money.
Reply 45
I hate Chavs. Most of them always look for fights and think they can get laid when noone would go near them. They end up as Binmen or Construction Workers and if someone actually wants to get good Grades and learn they call them 'Neeks'
Reply 46
A person, irrespective of financial status that has bad manners and treats everyone including friends, family and authority figures with disrespect. Typically wears scruffy sportswear outside of contexts where it would be considered normal (e.g: gym/ martial arts) Usually has a poor grasp of spelling and grammar and a bad grasp of the English language in general and does not have any interest in education or bettering themselves. Usually takes on aspects of 'gang culture' yet harbours racist and possibly sexist thought patterns.

That's not really true with all chavs. Only a minority do, apart from sexist thoughts.

Then they probably weren't real chavs; they just dressed like one

Nope, from your definition above they were chavs.

Quick Reply

Latest