The Student Room Group

does an AS level language count as an actual AS?

One of my 4 AS level courses is AS greek. I want to drop economics. If Ido, will AS greek, english literature and history be concidered sufficien? Will I be able to do the exams of only 3 AS? I've heard somewhere that an AS language is not as powerful as other courses.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by dido1999
One of my 4 AS level courses is AS greek. I want to drop economics. If Ido, will AS greek, english literature and history be concidered sufficien? Will I be able to do the exams of only 3 AS? I've heard somewhere that an AS language is not as powerful as other courses.

What? Where did you hear that? AS languge is actually one of the most powerful AS's and if you want to go to university they are well respected (as it is such a hard subject to take into further education)

I did AS German and it sure did count as a proper AS, I don't know where you got the idea that it wasn't..

Hope this helps :smile:
If you speak a language at home, many unis will not count it.
Reply 3
Original post by cookiemonster15
What? Where did you hear that? AS languge is actually one of the most powerful AS's and if you want to go to university they are well respected (as it is such a hard subject to take into further education)

I did AS German and it sure did count as a proper AS, I don't know where you got the idea that it wasn't..

Hope this helps :smile:

thank you :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by whydoidothis?
If you speak a language at home, many unis will not count it.

no no it is not a native language
Original post by dido1999
no no it is not a native language

Then it should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest