The Student Room Group

yup. my motivation is dead.

hey all,

well, once again the customary "my motivation is dead" thread during holidays;

~doing a2
~(have some things going on in life but lets ignore that)
~no motivation to revise
~no revision done at all. not even a past paper. not even homework.
~pretty much lost in my subjects

so, any A2 students who are motivated to revise? what is motivating you to do so? it doesnt help that i dont need any revision to get into uni (100% chance of getting my insurance, 99% of my firm) so ive got no motivation to do well.
Original post by kelefi
hey all,

well, once again the customary "my motivation is dead" thread during holidays;

~doing a2
~(have some things going on in life but lets ignore that)
~no motivation to revise
~no revision done at all. not even a past paper. not even homework.
~pretty much lost in my subjects

so, any A2 students who are motivated to revise? what is motivating you to do so? it doesnt help that i dont need any revision to get into uni (100% chance of getting my insurance, 99% of my firm) so ive got no motivation to do well.

If you don't mind me asking, what makes you so sure you'll get into your firm or insurance? :smile: You really can't fluke A Levels without revision :nah:

I generally try and make my revision and work as enjoyable as possible, so I'll get into some comfortable and relaxed clothes, light a few candles and put on some fairy lights for a relaxed atmosphere, sometimes with some very quiet classical music on in the background :smile: make small checklists of what you want to do every day, with three of four things on them - if you have a small amount of aims then it looks way more achievable and you'll find it easier to start, rather than being overwhelmed by a massive list of everything you want to do :h: Make your work nice and colourful to keep your attention, and have lots of water handy to keep yourself hydrated and awake :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Gingerbread101
If you don't mind me asking, what makes you so sure you'll get into your firm or insurance? :smile: You really can't fluke A Levels without revision :nah:

I generally try and make my revision and work as enjoyable as possible, so I'll get into some comfortable and relaxed clothes, light a few candles and put on some fairy lights for a relaxed atmosphere, sometimes with some very quiet classical music on in the background :smile: make small checklists of what you want to do every day, with three of four things on them - if you have a small amount of aims then it looks way more achievable and you'll find it easier to start, rather than being overwhelmed by a massive list of everything you want to do :h: Make your work nice and colourful to keep your attention, and have lots of water handy to keep yourself hydrated and awake :smile:

thanks :smile: thats a good idea actually, perhaps ill try something similar. my main problem is that i usually only get home to revise at 7ish, so doesnt leave me with much time to change and get a nice environment set up.

and i worked hard at AS, so i essentially now have a massive cushion for my A2, so even if i screw my exam up and do worse than ive ever done before, ill still be able to get my insurance with ease. and my firm is essentially the same except with slightly higher grade requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest