The Student Room Group

Are these results bad?

In my mock results I got 3A* 1A 4B and a C but to be honest most of my friends got straight A* and everyone on here seems to as well... I just feel my results were not good enough.

Do you think I can get 7A* and 2A.... :frown:
Original post by ZoeN2
In my mock results I got 3A* 1A 4B and a C but to be honest most of my friends got straight A* and everyone on here seems to as well... I just feel my results were not good enough.

The only way those results could be 'bad' is if you didn't put any effort into them and in your heart you know you could do better.

If you tried your hardest then there is no way they are 'bad grades' you met the benchmark of 5 grades A*-C which opens up so many doors for you.

All we can tell you is to revise, and try your hardest. If you get a grade knowing you tried your absolute hardest then there is no way you can be disappointed with it!
I got 2 As, 5 Bs, 2 Cs and a D at GCSE and I was happy with those. I've been accepted to uni, not a russell group one but good enough for me! I guess it all depends what you want to do career wise. You've still got time if you put in revision if you really want those As, you can still get them. Don't be discouraged! :h:
Reply 3
Original post by ZoeN2

You got great results and mocks are there to help you improve for the real thing and yes i think you can achieve the grades you need. Just ignore the people on here and focus on what you need to do!
Those are actually really good results. Believe me you can improve a lot from them and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if you did get 7a* :smile: This is because mocks (in my personal experience) are marked harshly and unfairly, they are not balanced with coursework and they are often the first time you have done a full exam on a similar scale. So don't be disheartened, I got similar results to you and I'm daring myself not to feel disappointed as I know, for a number of factors, mocks are not accurate representatives of how you will actually do.
Reply 5
Thank you everyone. This has cheered me up so much :smile:
Reply 6
Good luck to everyone :smile:
I got 4 As and 7 Bs at GCSE and I got into all the unis I applied to - including Russell group ones. Honestly, don't stress about your GCSEs, you'll do fine

Quick Reply

Latest