The Student Room Group

Can straight men wear make up?

I think not, as wearing make up is anti masculine.

Men are not to be pretty

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blue_Mason
I think not, as wearing make up is anti masculine.

Men are not to be pretty

just because you're a 3 x 10^-27 / 10 , doesn't mean we all have to be :colonhash:
They can - doesn't mean they should.
It's a free country
Reply 4
Original post by Mayhemâ„¢
just because you're a 3 x 10^-27 / 10 , doesn't mean we all have to be :colonhash:

No man can be handsome or good looking but not pretty or beautiful.
And my looks have nothing to do with this
Yes, nothing wrong with it, the only thing 'stopping' you is social stigmas which is stupid, it used to be illegal for women in France to wear trousers lol, times change!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Anyone can and should be able to wear make up
No man can be handsome or good looking but not pretty or beautiful.
And my looks have nothing to do with this

I do not get this. So women should be :K:?
Reply 8
honestly I can't understand why any straight man would want to wear heavy makeup but yeah theoretically they could I guess
Any TV presenter is wearing it.
Reply 10
men can wear surma/pure kohl in their eyes, it looks nice imo
Reply 11
Makeup isn't anti-masculine. Who says makeup is for homosexual men? who says homosexual men aren't masculine? Makeup can be worn for a number of different reasons. If a man wants to perfect his features or correct certain parts of his face what stops him from remaining purely attracted the females?
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
I do not get this. So women should be :K:?

Women can be pretty and beautiful but not handsome
Masculinity can vary. It's subjective. Boo, if a guy wants to wear a touch of concealer to cover up some blemishes that's perfectly okay. If he wanna bring out that fine af jawline with some bronzer or something, that is fine.
A guy's masculinity is not defined by something on his face. The calvin klein models ya'll see aint gonna look like that w/o makeup. Or the actors. It's a stereotype.
And maybe a guy wants to use that stereotype. Cause if he may be a transgender. he can wear whatever the hell he wants. It's a matter of expressing one's identity.
A woman's femininity does not depend on her makeup either.
It's about boosting confidence and/or accentuating their best features :closedeyes:
Reply 14
guys we can wear it because of

Spoiler

Original post by ebxnyxo
Makeup isn't anti-masculine. Who says makeup is for homosexual men? who says homosexual men aren't masculine? Makeup can be worn for a number of different reasons. If a man wants to perfect his features or correct certain parts of his face what stops him from remaining purely attracted the females?

I have never said anything about homosexuals.
But the fact is, most women would rather their bf or husbands be make up free
Reply 16
Every actor wears make-up. I don't understand. If you mean heavily then yeah it looks a little weird but if that's their choice then let them be. Why should it not be okay?
Here's the thing. Anyone can be ANYTHING if they want to be. A woman can be handsome. A man can be beautiful. And there are so many men and women I would describe using these words.

I think you're forgetting that these words are mere adjectives that we used to express our opinions. Things that stop you from describing them like this is social stigma. You need to realize there is no fixed way for a person to be.

If you cant pass this barrier put into place by society, all I can say is that you are close-minded.
They can. If somebody is physically able to do something, then they can do it. Your opinion is irrelevant.
Reply 19
I have never said anything about homosexuals.
But the fact is, most women would rather their bf or husbands be make up free

Okay, its just that I perceived the title of the thread to be question why some homosexuals can wear makeup but whether straight men can/can't.

And that's purely because you don't see men advertising makeup brands. If it were so, most women would be fine with it.

Quick Reply

Latest