The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

About resits

Hi all, I'm a first year Bsc Information Technology student and I am in a bit of a confusion as to how summer resists work. If I fail first year, and my University offer me a chance to retake during the summer resits, and I pass from that, what happens next? Do I progress onto the second year? I'm just a bit confused and would like that cleared up, thank you.
Hello AdamMo20,

Sorry to hear you're concerned about resitting in the summer.

First of all, if you were to fail a small number of modules and resit over the summer, you would automatically be re-enrolled onto the second year upon passing the resits. Unfortunately the highest grade you can achieve in a resit would be a pass (40%).

As we are still quite early in the year I would strongly suggest that you speak to your tutors if you are concerned about failing any part of your course. If you need extra support you must discuss this with your tutors and they will do their best to help you.

I also suggest you make an appointment with one of the university's Student Achievement Officers as they'll be able to help you get extra support with academic or personal problems you're having that are impacting your studies. You can find more information on Unihub.

Please feel free to ask further questions here, and please don't be afraid to ask for support if you need it.

Best wishes,
Adam

Middlesex University Official Rep
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending