The Student Room Group

A police man stopped me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Little Popcorns
Leave the kid alone

No. Throwing around accusations of racism without any proof is disgusting.
I have been stopped and asked questions by police before. I am white, straight, male - It perplexes me why they would want to question me out the blue when I am so clearly priviledged and immune to law enforcement
OMG! A police officer pulled over and asked couple of questions. That's so racist! It was so horrible it left a young victim badly shaken!
ffs, grow a pair and stop playing a victim.
Original post by Satanas
You're a sad little man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you will find I am well above average height.
So someone stopped and asked if you had a sister?

He might have known you and wanted to date your sister. We don't know. I wouldn't read too much in to it.
Reply 46
Original post by RobML
Awh you're a sensitive soul aren't you?

First time and imma good youte

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reue
No. Throwing around accusations of racism without any proof is disgusting.
:rolleyes:
He's a school kid clearly he's getting these messages from somewhere probably the media. It was a question he wasn't saying this guy is definitely being racist he was suggesting maybe he was acting with a stereotype in mind. He wasn't saying this is DEFINITELY what happened though.
Reply 48
Original post by Little Popcorns
:rolleyes:
He's a school kid clearly he's getting these messages from somewhere probably the media. It was a question he wasn't saying this guy is definitely being racist he was suggesting maybe he was acting with a stereotype in mind. He wasn't saying this is DEFINITELY what happened though.

All the more reason to show him that throwing around accusations of racism without substance is unacceptable.
Original post by Reue
All the more reason to show him that throwing around accusations of racism without substance is unacceptable.

He's not throwing around accusations he's simply asking why it might have happened and putting forward a few potential ways of making sense of the situation. To not want to allow him to question whether maybe the motive of the policeman was slightly scewed is equally unfair. I'm not saying policemen shouldn't stop black youth or that every policeman is racist but you also shouldn't panic or say it's wrong for someone to wonder as an ethnic minority whether that may be a factor. Given that the police force at one time made it into the headlines after being investigated and was confirmed to be institutionally racist it's not just some school kid who thinks it might be an issue.

Quick Reply

Latest