The Student Room Group

KCL/London uni nursing applicants 2016!

Hi all!

I couldn't find a thread for KCL/London uni hopefuls for 2016 - so I made one as other uni's seem to have them :smile:

Thought it would be a good place to meet other applicants (and hopefully soon-to-be students 😄) while we wait for interviews and decisions to come through.

I'm waiting on a decision from King's for adult nursing and have an interview at Kingston on March 11!

X
Hi!

Good luck! I am in my first year at King's (BSc Adult) so I am happy to try and answer any questions you may have!
[QUOTE=pinkstudent_xx;62749143]Hi!

Good luck! I am in my first year at King's (BSc Adult) so I am happy to try and answer any questions you may have!

Hi! :smile: are you enjoying it? I'd love to know what you think of the course so far! When you're in uni, what's your typical timetable? I've applied for the grad entry - so I know mine will be a bit different if I do get accepted!
Reply 3
Hey I've applied for grad too but Child branch. :smile: Kings is my firm choice. :smile: good luck I hope you aren't kept waiting long!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi

I'm wondering is it at all possible to get into KCL with a BCC they said they needed a BBC but I'm was wondering what the odds where that i could get in with bcc

and is there any way KCL might enter clearing

many thanks
Original post by nshahzad96
hi

I'm wondering is it at all possible to get into KCL with a BCC they said they needed a BBC but I'm was wondering what the odds where that i could get in with bcc

and is there any way KCL might enter clearing

many thanks

Hi! I'm no expert, but I've got a few friends who were a touch short of their offer grades and they got into uni. It would depend on how popular your course is I guess. I think you stand a chance but I'd still put your all into meeting your offer :smile: good luck!
Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl
Hi! I'm no expert, but I've got a few friends who were a touch short of their offer grades and they got into uni. It would depend on how popular your course is I guess. I think you stand a chance but I'd still put your all into meeting your offer :smile: good luck!

Hi

Thanks soooo much that makes me feel a little better i was stressing so much

Best of luck to u too
Reply 7
Hi guys,
I'm starting my pd-dip in adult nursing next September and I would like to have more info regarding the programme such as:how many weeks do we study in the first year? and how many hours per week we study in the teaching and the practical weeks?
Any details will be highly appreciated,
Reply 8
Hey guys,

I have received a conditional offer for the post grad diploma in adult nursing starting in September. Delighted!

I have not yet accepted/deferred as I want to find out more info about the course schedule, i.e. time spent in college - how many days/hours a week, placements - when they are and term holidays.

This info will help me aid my decision to accept or defer as I have personal circumstances I need to figure out around the course.

Any info would be a massive help!
Original post by Rob2016
Hey guys,

I have received a conditional offer for the post grad diploma in adult nursing starting in September. Delighted!

I have not yet accepted/deferred as I want to find out more info about the course schedule, i.e. time spent in college - how many days/hours a week, placements - when they are and term holidays.

This info will help me aid my decision to accept or defer as I have personal circumstances I need to figure out around the course.

Any info would be a massive help!

Hi and congrats on your offer!I also have a place on the same course.

According to the uni, it's 50% uni and 50% placement. I'm not 100% sure on how many hours we have contact time on uni blocks, but I know from other student nurses it's usually a couple of days a week at least - more so in the first term.

Placements are 37.5 hours a week and depending on where you are (ward, community, theatre) you could be doing those hours over 5 days in a community setting or 3.5 days in hospital placement. The course is roughly 44-45 weeks a year and I know from my student nurse friends that all uni's are strict with the holidays. Hope this helps!

Might be worth dropping the uni an email or calling them to get exact details. No matter which uni you choose, being a student nurse is going to be challenging as all uni's have the same amount of theory and placement hours.

If it's part time work you're worried about, I know many students who manage to work on the bank/ other part time work every week 🙂
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl
Hi and congrats on your offer!I also have a place on the same course.

According to the uni, it's 50% uni and 50% placement. I'm not 100% sure on how many hours we have contact time on uni blocks, but I know from other student nurses it's usually a couple of days a week at least - more so in the first term.

Placements are 37.5 hours a week and depending on where you are (ward, community, theatre) you could be doing those hours over 5 days in a community setting or 3.5 days in hospital placement. The course is roughly 44-45 weeks a year and I know from my student nurse friends that all uni's are strict with the holidays. Hope this helps!

Might be worth dropping the uni an email or calling them to get exact details. No matter which uni you choose, being a student nurse is going to be challenging as all uni's have the same amount of theory and placement hours.

If it's part time work you're worried about, I know many students who manage to work on the bank/ other part time work every week 🙂

Thanks so much for your reply. Congrats to you too!

Had a rough idea alright about the percentage of time spent in and out of uni but hoping to find out exact details as you said. Hoping for a reply from the uni themselves (already emailed them) or a student currently in the course that might be able to help.

I am so eager to undertake the course and delighted to have received an offer just want to work out the fine print. My undergrad was a mental health nurse so know the challenges I'll face all too well! Its daunting facing into it again but confident I'll manage somehow!

Have you accepted the offer and started on the APEL?

Thanks for the reply, exciting to get talking to someone I might be studying with!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending