The Student Room Group

Work Experience

I am going on work experience in a couple of weeks and i need some ideas pls could you suggest some ideas for me
Reply 1
Original post by SamadAde
I am going on work experience in a couple of weeks and i need some ideas pls could you suggest some ideas for me

A library would be nice and quite, and allow you to keep on revising :tongue:
Reply 2
I want to do something to do with Law or engineering like a suit and tie job
Reply 3
I want to do something to do with Law or engineering like a suit and tie job

If you want to do law you could apply to do work experience with a solicitor's firm via email or phone. Personally, I'm doing mine with my local MP where I'm basically helping out in his office and at times shadowing him.
Reply 4
Original post by JTran38
If you want to do law you could apply to do work experience with a solicitor's firm via email or phone. Personally, I'm doing mine with my local MP where I'm basically helping out in his office and at times shadowing him.

I dont really know any firms near my area I live in London
To be honest, any work experience is better than none. Even better (a bonus) if you find something related to what you want to do.
Reply 6
I dont really know any firms near my area I live in London

I'm also from London, specifically South East London.
Reply 7
Original post by JTran38
I'm also from London, specifically South East London.

I am also from south east London Near Peckham could you tell me where did you apply for work experience
Reply 8
I am also from south east London Near Peckham could you tell me where did you apply for work experience

Personally, I applied for work experience with my local MP by emailing him but it wasn't easy as I didn't get a response within 14 days, probably because he was extremely busy. I then tweeted him about it and reminded him one final time before I received an email back in January 2016. This could help you in terms of doing law.

In terms of finding work experience for yourself, just find a local law firm or whatever place you want to do work experience and email them or phone them.

Quick Reply

Latest