The Student Room Group

Biology OCR Unifying Concepts: Regarding UMS....

Hi, have a look at my attachment.

Practical+Plan+Unifying Concepts is 2806 Option A. Apart from the plan, I've found the practical and unifying concepts really difficult, but I need atleast 80 UMS to stabilise on the grade I want. I need 220UMS to get the grade I want.

So if I get a B in this option, does that mean I still get 84UMS and I'm back in the game? But then I looked at it again, and it seems like in Central Concepts (2804), you have to get an A to get only 72UMS??? How would my score add up now then?
Reply 1
It doesn't quite work like that. Remember this year was the first time there was no microscope let alone there is a clear difference in difficulty between those papers and the ones done yesterday. So the examiner's have to judge how hard they thought the paper was and consider what actual raw marks students achieved, before altering the raw to UMS.
Reply 2
yeah I know that, but like its probably a close comparison I think. Do u know what it was like last year for the prac+unifying?

I personally found both HARD! u?
ResidentEvil
Hi, have a look at my attachment.

Practical+Plan+Unifying Concepts is 2806 Option A. Apart from the plan, I've found the practical and unifying concepts really difficult, but I need atleast 80 UMS to stabilise on the grade I want. I need 220UMS to get the grade I want.

So if I get a B in this option, does that mean I still get 84UMS and I'm back in the game? But then I looked at it again, and it seems like in Central Concepts (2804), you have to get an A to get only 72UMS??? How would my score add up now then?

Where did you get those grade boundaries from? They're really useful as they don't appear to be on the OCR website. I was a bit disappointed to see that for Foundation in January you only had to get 41/60 for an A (i got 77/90) - i thought i'd done really well on that exam but obv not as well as i thought. Don't get me wrong, it was still good!
Reply 4
u can get it if u order the mark scheme which the skool kindly did.

Latest

Trending

Trending