The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
tammypotato
is there any1 doing it? how r u revising for it? do u have any tips to answer the question?

yeh im doing it (tuesday?)
not even started mod 5 yet as all my exams are so close togethere so ive been revising other stuff.. is it difficult? :confused:
Reply 2
ShOcKzZ
not even started mod 5 yet as all my exams are so close togethere so ive been revising other stuff.. is it difficult? :confused:

yeah its on tuesday and i find module 5 rock hard n i dont even have time 2 revise 4 it as i have no days in between my exam! have u ever tried synoptic or module 5 paper?
Reply 3
ShOcKzZ

In short. Yes. CHM5 is generally regarded as the hardest paper of the lot, since it's a nasty A2 module + loads of synoptic elements.

I haven't done a huge amount so far, but since I took CHM2 & 3 this June that revision should help for the AS side of things.

It's the bloomin multiple choice you have to watch out for, some questions are pure evil.
Reply 4
tammypotato
yeah its on tuesday and i find module 5 rock hard n i dont even have time 2 revise 4 it as i have no days in between my exam! have u ever tried synoptic or module 5 paper?

Yeah same situation here. It's pretty crappy that I have my hardest exams right at the end, so the only last minute revision I could have done is at least a week prior to the exam itself (except for cramming this weekend).

How's everyone finding CHM4? It's not too bad in my opinion, just hope we don't get a too hard nmr question, hate 'em.
Reply 5
kingpong
Yeah same situation here. It's pretty crappy that I have my hardest exams right at the end, so the only last minute revision I could have done is at least a week prior to the exam itself (except for cramming this weekend).

How's everyone finding CHM4? It's not too bad in my opinion, just hope we don't get a too hard nmr question, hate 'em.

im doing 4 5 6
im revising 4 at the moment i hope ill get a D in it coz im really crap at organic the only module i was good at was 1 coz there were loads of calculatation gt an A in it bt now i suck!!!!

i have physcs sinoptic on monday so ill only revise on monday night (... the whole bloody night)4 it :frown:
Reply 6
kingpong
In short. Yes. CHM5 is generally regarded as the hardest paper of the lot, since it's a nasty A2 module + loads of synoptic elements.

I haven't done a huge amount so far, but since I took CHM2 & 3 this June that revision should help for the AS side of things.

It's the bloomin multiple choice you have to watch out for, some questions are pure evil.

do u know how long we have for the synoptic paper?
Reply 7
tammypotato
im doing 4 5 6
im revising 4 at the moment i hope ill get a D in it coz im really crap at organic the only module i was good at was 1 coz there were loads of calculatation gt an A in it bt now i suck!!!!

i have physcs sinoptic on monday so ill only revise on monday night (... the whole bloody night)4 it :frown:

I flunked chemistry with a D last year so had to retake the lot, chem5/6 totally screwed me over.

Unlucky to have another exam next week, particularly synoptic, that's major bad luck, it'll be 24/7 chemistry for me this weekend.
Reply 8
hehe ive got a full week to revise chem :biggrin: no more exams till tuesday. Goto go through all of mod4 again :frown: after doin it in january cant remember ne of it. i think mod6 is the hardest really...never have time to finish and the questions r very tricky.
Reply 9
tammypotato
do u know how long we have for the synoptic paper?

2 hours for chem 5 (partly synoptic)
1 hour for multiple choice (everything)
Reply 10
jay9386
hehe ive got a full week to revise chem :biggrin: no more exams till tuesday. Goto go through all of mod4 again :frown: after doin it in january cant remember ne of it. i think mod6 is the hardest really...never have time to finish and the questions r very tricky.

yeha bt u can just pick a question and it might b right bt for muodule 4 and 5 if u dont know the stuff u r definitly going to fail :frown:
Reply 11
Anyone know when afternoon exams start? All mine have been morning so far.
Reply 12
kingpong
Anyone know when afternoon exams start? All mine have been morning so far.

1:30 normally. The exam board knows how hard everyone finds module 5, so they boost your marks accordingly. Module 6 is easy (especially the cryptic second section - answer A if 1 + 3 are correct and an equinox approaches on a day beginning with M) if you don't think about them too hard. If you ponder for long enough, you can manage to twist everything so that it sounds correct - just learn to rule out quickly and ruthlessly because your gut instinct is often right.

Ben
Reply 13
Ben.S..i know its hard to say..but what do u think i would need for about 100 UMS / 120 on the paper ?
Reply 14
ShOcKzZ
Ben.S..i know its hard to say..but what do u think i would need for about 100 UMS / 120 on the paper ?

The average for an A on a Chem5 paper is about 80 looking over last 4 papers. Highest its been was 87 well below the lowset 75. So what ever the papers like UMS should give a nice helping hand.
Reply 15
Anderson
The average for an A on a Chem5 paper is about 80 looking over last 4 papers. Highest its been was 87 well below the lowset 75. So what ever the papers like UMS should give a nice helping hand.

:eek:was there only 172 person entered for module 5?http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-5421-6421-WRE-Jan04.pdf
Reply 16
tammypotato
:eek:was there only 172 person entered for module 5?http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-5421-6421-WRE-Jan04.pdf

Well how many people would have wanted to do Unit5 in Jan :tongue:
Reply 17
Anderson
Well how many people would have wanted to do Unit5 in Jan :tongue:

loadsss :tongue: lol ....
Reply 18
ShOcKzZ

I don't know - last year you needed 95/120 for 120 UMS.

Ben
Reply 19
tammypotato

Tell me about it..I have physics synoptic on monday and chem is a definite requirement for me...so far managed revising unit 5 by studying 12 pages a night but can't find any time to revise the synoptic stuff......

Latest

Trending

Trending