The Student Room Group

Teach me how to swim please 😭

Hi,

Not too sure this is the best place to post this but I didn't want my post to get swallowed up by '2016 Uni of Nottingham' offer threads, lol.

Ok, so I'm in my third year of uni and I really can't leave without learning to swim. My friends are so familiar with me, it's all just banter to them. So I was wondering if there's anyone who goes to Uni of Nottingham who could teach me to swim? Would defo negotiate costs with you, I just feel too embarrassed for a class but don't have a serious enough friend lol. :redface:

Thanks for reading and replies in advance !

Rebecca x
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Regrettably, I don't think that the 'learning to swim' Open University correspondence-course garnered enough support to stay afloat past its first year. Rest assured, however, that a TSR app will soon be in the pipelines.
Take an apple, put it in your pocket.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Profesh
Regrettably, I don't think that the 'learning to swim' Open University correspondence-course garnered enough support to stay afloat past its first year. Rest assured, however, that a TSR app will soon be in the pipelines.

There was a course? No way...
Desperate times call for desperate measures. If TSR will help, I've got to try. :smile:
Original post by XOR_
Pick an apple, put it in your pocket.

Now what...?
Original post by Profesh

You really got me with this one. I can't stop laughing :rofl:
Original post by Blue hibiscus
Hi,

Not too sure this is the best place to post this but I didn't want my post to get swallowed up by '2016 Uni of Nottingham' offer threads, lol.

Ok, so I'm in my third year of uni and I really can't leave without learning to swim. My friends are so familiar with me, it's all just banter to them. So I was wondering if there's anyone who goes to Uni of Nottingham who could teach me to swim? Would defo negotiate costs with you, I just feel too embarrassed for a class but don't have a serious enough friend lol. :redface:

Rebecca x

Just take a trip along to your local swimming pool and ask if you can lessons for adult learners? What's the problem?
Original post by iEthan
Best of luck with your search! :yep: I do hope someone can help you genuinely.

Thanks. :smile:
Aside from being worried about being a slow learner; I have looked into it already. The closest leisure centre & their schedule clashes with my uni schedule. Beginners classes are on both my studio days (those tend to run from early till late for us).
(edited 8 years ago)
Will do, thanks.
Original post by Profesh
If advertising on Craigslist for 'private swimming lessons' you can also save time by forwarding all responses to the UK Sex Offenders' Database directly, since the statistical correlation is probably close to 1.

That made me howl. Lool. 😂

I was just being polite to AngryRedhead, but I did have a look on gumtree to see if any ads were up for swimming lessons (Nothing).
That made me howl. Lool. 😂

I was just being polite to AngryRedhead, but I did have a look on gumtree to see if any ads were up for swimming lessons (Nothing).

At this point I could say that making women howl at 3am is my specialty, but if the state of Craigslist is any indication the UK Sex Offender data-entry team will be overburdened as it is, so consider yourself officially thrown back.
Original post by Profesh
At this point I could say that making women howl at 3am is my specialty, but if the state of Craigslist is any indication the UK Sex Offender data-entry team will be overburdened as it is, so consider yourself officially thrown back.

Lol you're so considerate. I'm sure the UK Sex Offender data-entry team really appreciate your thoughtfulness. 😂
Hi,

Rebecca x

The University swimming society has cheap lessons iirc. I saw them advertised at UP gym at the weekend on my visit there.

If in doubt, ask the swim soc
Original post by Angry cucumber
The University swimming society has cheap lessons iirc. I saw them advertised at UP gym at the weekend on my visit there.

If in doubt, ask the swim soc

Thanks! I didn't realise they still ran them! Really appreciate that x
Hi,

Rebecca x

Idk how to swim, last time I stepped in a swimming pool was in year 7 when I forgot to bring in my sick letter to school.

What I can tell you is this .... key to swimming:

Back me up Homie! @Student403
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Idk how to swim, last time I stepped in a swimming pool was in year 7 when I forgot to bring in my sick letter to school.

Can confirm!

Also I love this thread. Seriously tho gl with your search OP :h:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

I'll keep this in mind when in the pool. Haha at least you had the opportunity to learn in year 7! They cut funding at my secondary school, so half our year group learnt swimming and we learnt football, but we never switched round. :redface:
I'll keep this in mind when in the pool. Haha at least you had the opportunity to learn in year 7! They cut funding at my secondary school, so half our year group learnt swimming and we learnt football, but we never switched round. :redface:

I always had insecurities when swimming I.e anorexic + preferred other ways of burning calories doing football etc (which i rarely did) --> All about that xbox life as a kid. #goals

Its crazy how people change lifestyles over time. :tongue:

Damn those budget cuts were serious. :shoot:
Same here. I really enjoy people who are absolutely great swimmer. I do swim but not so capable of floating longer.

Quick Reply

Latest