The Student Room Group

Pharmacy without Biology in Alevel HELP

Hi, I am thinking of applying to study for pharmacy. I got ABB for math, chemistry and physics respectively but I only have a biology background in Olevel. Will it be risky to study for this course? Whats the difference between BPharm and MPharm? I know one is bachelor and another one is a master degree but whats the pros and cons between them...?
Original post by chin_yee_
Hi, I am thinking of applying to study for pharmacy. I got ABB for math, chemistry and physics respectively but I only have a biology background in Olevel. Will it be risky to study for this course? Whats the difference between BPharm and MPharm? I know one is bachelor and another one is a master degree but whats the pros and cons between them...?

Don't worry. I have checked the entry requirements for some Pharmacy schools and they require Chemistry, and one from: Maths, Biology and Physics. You just need to apply carefully and pick universities that favour your subject choices and stats. Which universities are you thinking about applying to? :u:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by chin_yee_

As a third year pharmacy student, I'm gonna be perfectly honest with you, alot of the Pharmacy course requires a good grasp of Biology as your learning of the different drugs and therapeutics stems from your physiology, microbiology, biochemistry knowledge that is learned all in first year. So you will be at a disadvantage not having done A-level biology, however first year is where your biology knowledge is 'brought up to scratch' with everyone else!

BPharm is the old qualification for Pharmacists, that got phased out a couple of years ago and the Pharmacy course is now only an MPharm degree :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending