The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DeltaGuy
Folks,
I am waiting for the call but I have a holiday planned in December from the 12th for 7 days. Do you think this will be a problem? Any internallers got some advice?

I've got one from 7th for 11 days too😑
Folks,
I am waiting for the call but I have a holiday planned in December from the 12th for 7 days. Do you think this will be a problem? Any internallers got some advice?

What's your application status on the portal?
Original post by keeleyvic
I've got one from 7th for 11 days too😑

I want to book holiday but am unsure of what dates I can go because HMRC aren't giving us start dates! So frustrating!
Reply 2203
My checks havent been completed yet and I submitted the infomation 11th of Sept. Its annoying seeing people having theirs complete within a few days especially when i applied for this job a year ago now. I dont know if i should chase it up or just wait as I know others are in the same position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by SloppySausage
I want to book holiday but am unsure of what dates I can go because HMRC aren't giving us start dates! So frustrating!

I know what you mean! I've had mine booked since I didnt get through to the assessment centre but It'll be my luck they want me to start on the day I go away. I'll be annoyed if they don't honour it!
Original post by memoryfish
What's your application status on the portal?

It still says pre employment checks being done! Despite me having an email saying they are complete!
It still says pre employment checks being done! Despite me having an email saying they are complete!

Interesting ...
Seriously, this forum is the only thing keeping me going!

At least we get communication from each other on here and are able to try and piece together information. I'd be banging my head against a brick wall without it. Step 1 of a huge recruitment campaign like this would surely be to make sure you have the correct resources to take on this mammoth task. They need to learn from the framework they ask us to follow. CSR have been a total mess, causing us so many complications and inconvenience. They say pre-employment checks will take 20 working days - well that was a lie!
My application status now says pre-employment checks have been passed. Haven't had a call or an email yet though... I'm so hoping the job I interviewed for on Monday accepts me - I was so excited for HMRC originally but after this application process I'm very prepared to go elsewhere. We'll see...
Original post by Lil Piranha
My application status now says pre-employment checks have been passed. Haven't had a call or an email yet though... I'm so hoping the job I interviewed for on Monday accepts me - I was so excited for HMRC originally but after this application process I'm very prepared to go elsewhere. We'll see...

Is ther job in the civil service?
Anyone have any experience of passing/failing pre-employment checks for these ongoing campaigns (or any other job with hmrc!) with/because of a criminal record?

I have a few things on my record from a 6 month period 16 years ago. Worried about how this might affect my chances. I sent my DBS certificate to csr on Monday and am nervously awaiting a response. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is ther job in the civil service?

No, it's for an accounting firm. I'm applying for lots of financial / accounting / tax-based stuff.
No, it's for an accounting firm. I'm applying for lots of financial / accounting / tax-based stuff.

If it's more money and better progression take it, it's a no brainer
Original post by Racso
My checks havent been completed yet and I submitted the infomation 11th of Sept. Its annoying seeing people having theirs complete within a few days especially when i applied for this job a year ago now. I dont know if i should chase it up or just wait as I know others are in the same position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is frustrating I know but the reason some
are happening so quickly is because their campaign was outsourced to manpower who get things done quicker than when CSR and Hmrc do it themselves as it was with our campaign from 2015
If it's more money and better progression take it, it's a no brainer

If I get it I will! HMRC has some pros but this whole process has left me feeling very much at their mercy and I don't think it's been handled at all professionally. I just have to wait and see.
If I get it I will! HMRC has some pros but this whole process has left me feeling very much at their mercy and I don't think it's been handled at all professionally. I just have to wait and see.

I'm applying for other jobs and if I'm offered one regardless of pay, I will be taking it. Who knows how long we will be waiting to hear anything from hmrc..
My Status still says 'Provisional Offer'. But I have received my DBS certificate and had the call about notice period.
Original post by SloppySausage
My Status still says 'Provisional Offer'. But I have received my DBS certificate and had the call about notice period.

My Status is pre Emp checks passed, got my dbs by not had a call RE notice.
My Status is pre Emp checks passed, got my dbs by not had a call RE notice.

My update states security checks have cleared and just waiting for a start date from HMRC.

I am hoping to start in November Tranche, if not it may have to be December.
Reply 2219
My status has just been updated to formal offer but I haven't received an email

Latest

Trending

Trending