The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rebecca_:)
Guys there's a candidate information pack online now :biggrin:

Cheers! Ahhhh never done a situational interview before, got no idea how to prep! Altho I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here need to actually be invited first! 😂
Just hope its a good sign and people aren't going to be disappointed
Makes me wonder if they've deffo done a paper sift, as for the last EO/HO caseworker campaign in September they never done one. At least I don't think they did as I never got any sift feedback! Will be interesting to see ^.^
Eek I'm all nervous/excited. Hope I make it ^.^
Makes me wonder if they've deffo done a paper sift, as for the last EO/HO caseworker campaign in September they never done one. At least I don't think they did as I never got any sift feedback! Will be interesting to see ^.^

There has been a sift. I can guarantee that.
Original post by Mega0448
There has been a sift. I can guarantee that.

Ah nice! That's makes it a better than the last campaign in the sense there will be less candidates through to interview, so a better chance overall maybe. I think I read somewhere in the last campaign around 2800+ got invited. But makes me slightly nervous to see if my competency statement was good enough!
(edited 8 years ago)
Ah nice! That's makes it a better than the last campaign in the sense there will be less candidates through to interview, so a better chance overall maybe. I think I read somewhere in the last campaign around 2000+ got invited. But makes me slightly nervous to see if my competency statement was good enough!

There were around 4000 applications that were sifted. I'm not sure what type of feedback will be available, you might just get a score.
There were around 4000 applications that were sifted. I'm not sure what type of feedback will be available, you might just get a score.

Ah thanks. A score will do me- better than nothing. To be fair maybe it did get sifted last time and they just never gave any feedback. Is it normal to do that?

Hi mega. Do you mind me asking how you know this 😀
Ah thanks. A score will do me- better than nothing. To be fair maybe it did get sifted last time and they just never gave any feedback. Is it normal to do that?

Probably depends how many staff they have sifting and how many applications there are. Majority are active caseworkers so they are working as well as sifting and just don't have the time.

Original post by keiramcr
Hi mega. Do you mind me asking how you know this 😀

I work at HMRC. Some of my colleagues are sifting.
Probably depends how many staff they have sifting and how many applications there are. Majority are active caseworkers so they are working as well as sifting and just don't have the time.

I work at HMRC. Some of my colleagues are sifting.

Thank you. Do you know if an unsuccessful candidate would receive a candidate pack
Original post by keiramcr
Thank you. Do you know if an unsuccessful candidate would receive a candidate pack

No idea that's what CSR do. All I know is my colleagues marked the competencies and then they'll get given interview dates.
No idea that's what CSR do. All I know is my colleagues marked the competencies and then they'll get given interview dates.

Thank you for your help.
I have also noticed that the blue font on the civil service jobs website has gone a lot brighter - but that may just be my eyes from the constant staring/browsing lol!

Looooool I noticed that too today! At last there appears to be some progress, I also received the same message.

Best of luck to everyone!
Its all gone quiet since the documents were uploaded. Was hoping some would have been issued soon after everybody got their documents.
Reply 75
Original post by insertusernme
Its all gone quiet since the documents were uploaded. Was hoping some would have been issued soon after everybody got their documents.

Well they said "by 18th" which I took to mean "on 18th" they'll let us know...although it still hasn't stopped me from checking every half an hour haha.
Well I guess tomorrow it is then!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Today should be the day, hope its a good one for people.
Status has changed to application under review eep!
Looks as if there is some feedback on the competencies too

Latest

Trending

Trending