The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh my days. I got 1

That's shocking on my behalf. My example wasn't specific enough and read as job description. Gutted as I got 92% on the csist test :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
3 here - think 4 is the minimum

never mind
Original post by insertusernme
3 here - think 4 is the minimum

never mind

Yeah I think four is the minimum. Ah well. It was a risk with my competency. I think I over complicated this one as I wrote it for HO and probably never stuck to the STAR technique.
(edited 8 years ago)
Application has now changed to unsuccessful :-( good luck to everyone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
I got 2 Ahh well eh :frown:
I hope some one gets through off this forum- so far we have all have been unsuccessful :frown:
Yeah I got 3, says I used too many words setting the scene.It's difficult though as the work example I was describing would be quite hard to follow if the scene was not set well.
Original post by Rchilton
Yeah I got 3, says I used too many words setting the scene.It's difficult though as the work example I was describing would be quite hard to follow if the scene was not set well.

Yeah 250 words is hard to make a good example and keep the waffle down. It's a learning curve though and will do us good if we apply for a HO job in future
I got 2, no critical analysis. Never mind I might try for this again in a few years when I have more experience in the setting
Original post by rebecca_:)
Yeah 250 words is hard to make a good example and keep the waffle down. It's a learning curve though and will do us good if we apply for a HO job in future

Definitely, think in future I will just use examples from when I worked in a bar. Pretty easy to say 'I worked in a bar and', where as trying to explain what goes on in a research and development testing lab for fire protective coatings is a nightmare!
Don't let the feedback get you down too much. I have seen the same competency score from 1-6 on different applications.
Hi,

I managed a 4 and got an interview, 99% in CSIST.

Good luck to everyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
I scored 2 - minimal demonstration. I suppose I am very concise but I'm still gutted haha.
Original post by Britishblue1
Hi,

I managed a 4 and got an interview, 99% in CSIST.

Good luck to everyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done, seem to be the only successful person so far. Routing for you!
I got a 99% on the CSIST and 3 on the competency. The same competency I had used previously for a similar role and scored a 6 with.

Seems like they've been overly harsh or there is maybe more to it?

Good luck to anyone who is successful, though.
I managed 4 too and have booked for interview in Manchester.

Seems like they're a lot stricter with the marking for the competency than I first thought!

Don't be too disheartened as I'm sure they'll be recruiting again soon enough!
Reply 96
I got 2 , minimal demonstration and it says no evidence of decision making or data handling. I didnt think my example was that bad ! Im gutted. I will be 23 without a proper career under way.

Does anyone know when they would recruit again ? Is it next year same time ?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 97
Also unsuccessful - scored 2 - minimal demonstration. I actually didn't think I could've added more to my competency particularly with the small word count!!!
Original post by lawgrad13
I managed 4 too and have booked for interview in Manchester.

Seems like they're a lot stricter with the marking for the competency than I first thought!

Don't be too disheartened as I'm sure they'll be recruiting again soon enough!

Congrats. Where there many interview dates out of interest? Hopefully they've whittled it down to a small amount so you have a good chance of passing the interview! :smile:
Original post by rebecca_:)
Congrats. Where there many interview dates out of interest? Hopefully they've whittled it down to a small amount so you have a good chance of passing the interview! :smile:

Interview dates depend on the office you are applying to, but they were mainly next week and week after. For Manchester it was over 4 days with roughly around 7 or 8 interview slots per day. I think it will still feel like a cattle market come interview day, as it did last time!

Latest

Trending

Trending