The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

University of Westminster Harrow nightlife?

What's the nightlife like? Is it normal for students to go into central London and how easy is the travel? Also are there any decent local places and what's the student union bar like? Thanks guys!
Original post by jaredinho
What's the nightlife like? Is it normal for students to go into central London and how easy is the travel? Also are there any decent local places and what's the student union bar like? Thanks guys!

I wanted to know the same thing
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Hiya, I am a postgraduate student at University of Westminster and I currently live in Harrow.

The bar on the Harrow campus, called the Undercroft, is great if you are looking for a place where you and your mates can grab a cheap pint (or pitcher). Quite a few people have had parties there and usually you'll find a music student or two who will try their hand at DJing. It's a lovely place if you are looking for something close, convenient, and cheap (a pitcher of Fosters will typically go for £7.20; expect most pitchers of whatever booze you like to be between £7-10).

Otherwise, there is a bit more variety, bar wise, in Harrow-on-the-Hill, which is one tube stop away from Northwick Park. I know a few places offer student specials.

Personally, I enjoy the nightlife of Central London, particularly Soho and Covent Garden. There are so many bars and clubs to choose from, (it's especially LGBT friendly too). Most the places themselves typically don't have cover charges, which is nice. I have found the average cost of a pint (excluding speciality/microbrew types, which are often cheaper-think £3.30 or sometimes even less) in Soho is roughly £4.50; not bad for Central London, but if you are a student who is a bit on the brassic side, perhaps consider spending it at the Undercroft.

However, there are quite a few discounts that are available. Having an NUS card certainly helps, and several of the establishments themselves tend to offer 'two-for-one' and other discounted specials on certain times/days of the week.Below are a couple other links that may strike your fancy:

Wicked Student Nights (perfect for clubbing): http://www.wickedstudentnights.co.uk/

Design My Night (offers info on everything from price to location to establishment theme): http://www.designmynight.com/london/clubs/cheap-clubs-in-london

Hope this helps!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Thanks so much!! That's so helpful, the undercroft sounds pretty good.

Thanks again for your help, that's great

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending