The Student Room Group

Essay Questions for Biomedical Science

Hi,I am studying Biomedical Science in London but am finding it hard to revise without the help of questions. I understand that students at Oxford have to write essays every week and discuss them with their tutors. Is is possible to obtain a list of essay or tutorial questions for first year BMS or medicine students? They would really help me to revise for my course.Thanks so much!
Can't you use past papers from your uni? They'll be a lot more relevant than another universities.
Reply 2
Unfortunately the biomedical science course is relatively new and still undergoing quite a few changes here. There isn't really a wealth of resources available for us to practice.
Original post by nattzy
Unfortunately the biomedical science course is relatively new and still undergoing quite a few changes here. There isn't really a wealth of resources available for us to practice.

In that case, might you be able to use past papers for other subjects at your university that are similar to biomedical science? Like biochemistry, biology, maybe even medicine? You'd just have to judge whether the questions in those papers are relevant or were taught to you, and thus whether you should familiarise yourself with them. Even if there were past papers for your course at your university, even these can be misleading because courses change over the years with different topics changing in importance.

I don't personally have access to past papers at Oxford anymore (have graduated) but agree that past papers from Oxford might not be that relevant in any case.
The syllabus might be completely different. Universities do not run uniform exams - the methods of examination as well as topics taught can be wildly different. This is pointless. Use what resources you have from the course you are actually studying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending