The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Student loan private uni

Hello, i just applied to study in a private university but i did not realised that student loan finance system works completely different for a public university and now I'm really freaking out because i won't be able to afford it and i do not how to do . The university is the Marangoni Institute , i already contacted to required more infos about the tuition fees and the gov can cover it up to 6000£.
ANY HELP PLEASEEEEEE???!!!
I'm not sure what you're asking. As you say, you can only get up to £6,000 government loan for a private university, and only if the course/university is recognised in the UK. If the university does not offer any scholarships then you are going to have to get a job or go somewhere else. Didn't you apply anywhere else? You still have time.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
I'm not sure what you're asking. As you say, you can only get up to £6,000 government loan for a private university, and only if the course/university is recognised in the UK. If the university does not offer any scholarships then you are going to have to get a job or go somewhere else. Didn't you apply anywhere else? You still have time.

Thanks for your answer,
I did not ask yet if the uni that i applied for can offer any scholarship ... I plan already to keeping working while I ll be working but i still did not understand the way to pay all the tuitions fees, if it has to be in one time like the enrollment fees or by rates.
What about required a finance from the banks to afford the private uni? how normally do the applicants?
Yes i applied to others uni bet they are going to require a portfolio, which i don't know even how, where to start to do it. The middlsex university booked for me an interview next month, but i don't think so ill make it.
The Marangoni University is the only one that doesn't demand the portfolio and they accept all the applicants from different background.
Original post by saraou
Thanks for your answer,
I did not ask yet if the uni that i applied for can offer any scholarship ... I plan already to keeping working while I ll be working but i still did not understand the way to pay all the tuitions fees, if it has to be in one time like the enrollment fees or by rates.
What about required a finance from the banks to afford the private uni? how normally do the applicants?
Yes i applied to others uni bet they are going to require a portfolio, which i don't know even how, where to start to do it. The middlsex university booked for me an interview next month, but i don't think so ill make it.
The Marangoni University is the only one that doesn't demand the portfolio and they accept all the applicants from different background.

I do not know if you could get a loan from a bank, but I think it would be very unwise to try. How would you repay it?

Most art/design/fashion courses require a portfolio, if you don't have one maybe you should do an Art foundation course first? That is the best way to create a portfolio of work. See link: http://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/foundation-diploma-in-art--design/
Reply 4
Original post by Snufkin
I do not know if you could get a loan from a bank, but I think it would be very unwise to try. How would you repay it?

Most art/design/fashion courses require a portfolio, if you don't have one maybe you should do an Art foundation course first? That is the best way to create a portfolio of work. See link: http://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/foundation-diploma-in-art--design/

My plan is ask the student loan of 6000 £ and the rest of the tuition fee try to pay every month from my bank account. As independent person in London i have to work full time to afford all my bills and in this case the uni as well if there is the chance to get it.
Original post by saraou
My plan is ask the student loan of 6000 £ and the rest of the tuition fee try to pay every month from my bank account. As independent person in London i have to work full time to afford all my bills and in this case the uni as well if there is the chance to get it.

I don't think a bank would lend you the money but you can try. Are you not going to consider doing a foundation course first? I'm not sure why you're so keen to come to the UK if you're not even going to study at a British university.
Reply 6
Original post by Snufkin
I don't think a bank would lend you the money but you can try. Are you not going to consider doing a foundation course first? I'm not sure why you're so keen to come to the UK if you're not even going to study at a British university.

If wont have any other solution obviously i will apply for a year foundation course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending