The Student Room Group

Evening short course at University of Oxford

Hey,

Just wondered if anyone here had done a part-time short course at the University of Oxford? If so, what has your experience been? Or, is anyone planning to do a short course?

I'm hoping to do the 'Mathematics for Computer Science' evening course at the University of Oxford.
(edited 8 years ago)
I haven't, although I would like to do one of their online courses. Not sure if they're really all online or do you have to go to Oxford to sit an exam or something? They do look like good value for money though.
Reply 2
If anyone is interested, then the 'Mathematics for Computer Science' part-time evening course with the Continuing Education Department at the University of Oxford is still open for enrolment. Course starts Monday 11th April 2016, and runs for a total of 10 Monday evenings sessions from 7pm-9.30pm between 11th April-27th June 2016 (excludes Bank Holidays).

This course is pretty unique, so it may also be useful to you and/or any of your friends to know about as well! Computing is such an important aspect of life and industry, so this course that may add a valuable string to a bow!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Juxtapose
If anyone is interested, then the 'Mathematics for Computer Science' part-time evening course with the Continuing Education Department at the University of Oxford is still open for enrolment. Course starts Monday 11th April 2016, and runs for a total of 10 Monday evenings sessions from 7pm-9.30pm between 11th April-27th June 2016 (excludes Bank Holidays).

This course is pretty unique, so it may also be useful to you and/or any of your friends to know about as well! Computing is such an important aspect of life and industry, so this course that may add a valuable string to a bow!

Are there any particular academic or age requirements for this course?
I looked at the website but couldn't find anything. :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by Darshan98
Are there any particular academic or age requirements for this course?
I looked at the website but couldn't find anything. :tongue:

Hey - that's a good question and I don't know the answer 100%, so it's best to clarify with them directly: email [email protected] or telephone 01865 280892.

On their 'Students' tab it seems to suggest that their courses attract a wide-range of students who study for various reasons. So, personally, I don't think there are any particular academic or age requirements (although, I think there is a reasonable assumption that applicants will have a good aptitude for studying and that they enjoy learning).

To quote, it says:

'Many of our courses can be studied with no previous qualifications; some of our programmes - mainly those which result in diplomas, certificates and degrees - require some amount of previous study or experience, and are subject to a competitive application process.'
Ive done scriptwriting and it was not great but satisfactory
Reply 6
I'm doing the cert HE and currently working on my second essay for Western Architecture - it is really good I got a great sense of achievement after receiving praise after my first essay. It is quite easy and could be a little more challenging though I suppose at first year degree level it is at the level that you should expect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending