The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by brainzistheword
They are basically a way for an apprenticeship provider to work out how suitable you are for the position. It's a way for them to judge candidates in a fair way.

ohhh i'm not doing any apprenticeships so it's no wonder i didn't know. Thanks for clearing that up for me :smile:
They are basically a way for an apprenticeship provider to work out how suitable you are for the position. It's a way for them to judge candidates in a fair way.

Hey girl when are you updating your revision things? :smile:
Thanks x
Original post by hals
ohhh i'm not doing any apprenticeships so it's no wonder i didn't know. Thanks for clearing that up for me :smile:

No problem :smile:
Don't feel like reading the entire thread. Did OP post his mock results?
Original post by nisha.sri
Hey girl when are you updating your revision things? :smile:
Thanks x

Ah yes thanks for reminding me :smile:. I will gather everything today and make sure it is finished off - what sort of things would you like me to post? x
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Don't feel like reading the entire thread. Did OP post his mock results?

Hi there - the grades in the first thread are the results from the mocks I took in November, but I haven't yet posted the results from the mocks the other week because I haven't got them all but if you really want to know so far I can post them :smile:
Ah yes thanks for reminding me :smile:. I will gather everything today and make sure it is finished off - what sort of things would you like me to post? x

Maybe how you revise for English Lit and how you gather up your notes
Science Notes ( if possible could you show some of your notes if you have any)
How you revise for Geography except from past papers do you do anything else if so how?
How you revised for your mocks and do you revise small sections everyday for example do you do chemistry unit 1 as a whole or like one topic each day or....?
Lastly how much you revise a day like on weekends and school days ?

Thank you sooo much Zoe i hope your fine with this but do add revision stuff that you'd prefer to add.
Thanks xx
Maybe how you revise for English Lit and how you gather up your notes
Science Notes ( if possible could you show some of your notes if you have any)
How you revise for Geography except from past papers do you do anything else if so how?
How you revised for your mocks and do you revise small sections everyday for example do you do chemistry unit 1 as a whole or like one topic each day or....?
Lastly how much you revise a day like on weekends and school days ?

Thank you sooo much Zoe i hope your fine with this but do add revision stuff that you'd prefer to add.
Thanks xx

Thank you for all the points :smile: What I will do is gather everything and draft a copy of my post so I can get it all answered for you and then I will upload something at about mid-day tomorrow - and I will tag you in it to make sure you can see it :biggrin:

If you think of anything else in the meantime just let me know and I will make sure I add it for you :smile:
Thank you for all the points :smile: What I will do is gather everything and draft a copy of my post so I can get it all answered for you and then I will upload something at about mid-day tomorrow - and I will tag you in it to make sure you can see it :biggrin:

If you think of anything else in the meantime just let me know and I will make sure I add it for you :smile:

Thanks Zoe much appreciated :smile: Thank you so much can't express you kindness :smile:

OH i'm soo sorry i just forgot
maybe any websites where you find useful for past papers ,science ,english lit, geography ,English language .
OH i'm soo sorry i just forgot
maybe any websites where you find useful for past papers ,science ,english lit, geography ,English language .

Yeah that's a great idea - I will certainly include them - Thank you :smile:
UPDATE FOR 05/03/16

So after the club this morning I have managed to:

List all my past papers so I can arrange times to complete them

Draw diagrams of bars and spits (Geography)

Laminated notes and diagrams so I can stick them to the wall

Drafted a character profile (most of it)

Look at the working of cogs, gears, levers and pulleys

File all my English notes

Look at using waves to cook food and specific heat capacity (Physics)

Read revision guide on detergents (Chemistry)

Tomorrow I will be posting large update answering various questions about my revision whilst uploading pictures of some of the things I have done so it will hopefully help you out - if there is anything anyone wants me to upload or answer, leave me a message and I will answer it for you :smile:
UPDATE

Let's just pretend I posted this, this morning like I was supposed to :biggrin:

Today I really want to crack on and learn the rest of my Science modules and look at Coasts in Geography for the test I have on Wednesday.

I will also be posting answers to the questions I mentioned yesterday - so if you want anything else answering you should leave a message and I'll include it :smile:
hey, i have no motivation at all to write my compare and contrast literature essay coursework :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
hey, i have no motivation at all to write my compare and contrast literature essay coursework :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I'm sorry to hear that - is there anything I can do to help? Have you tried drawing up a table or something to make sure you have planned all the points, this may make it easier to start writing?
Hey, I'm sorry to hear that - is there anything I can do to help? Have you tried drawing up a table or something to make sure you have planned all the points, this may make it easier to start writing?

oh yes - I need to plan it. completely forgot about that! haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
oh yes - I need to plan it. completely forgot about that! haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep it would help :tongue:

At least if you just planned it then you would have worked on it. and you never know it might give you the motivation to carry on and finish it :smile:

Let me know if you need anything :biggrin:
How do I revise for English Literature?
Finding synonyms is always a great idea for English and it is useful when you are explaining characters, as sometimes you can never quite ‘find the right word’ so this is something I highly recommend. Plus, it is revision without any strenuous thinking involved, and it doesn’t take very long either.

I have just started to make neat copies of character profiles for all 3 texts that I study (pictured). In these profile, I have a page for each section and my sections are: Adjectives, Key Quotes, Key Scenes, Historical Context, Key Themes, and Relationship with Others. I have colour coded tabs on an A3 sheet (also pictured) which I relate to the profiles so I can easily identify them.

I also highlight key quotes in my books and annotate them (I was reluctant to do this at first drawing in books is not the nicest feeling). Below you can see the book Heroes with all my quotes annotated, highlighted and tabbed.
(edited 8 years ago)
How do I Make Science Notes?
When revising Science, I prefer to write out notes from the revision guide by hand so that I am actually processing the information. I use the outline system to take these notes (see the picture) and then after a few days, I will get these notes and type them up so that I have a neat version that I can access anywhere. It is also much easier to combine topics or search for them if they are digitally stored (though both ways work fine on their own). As I write a page of notes, I will make questions and answers which not only helps me consolidate what I have learnt, but also saves me time when I decide to make flashcards/question cards for the subjects.

When making notes, I will use shorthand for certain things such as 'at' will become @ and 'and' will become +. I will also not include the word 'the' so that everything is shortened and easier to remember.

Detergent notes.jpg
(edited 8 years ago)
How do I revise for English Literature?
Finding synonyms is always a great idea for English and it is useful when you are explaining characters, as sometimes you can never quite ‘find the right word’ so this is something I highly recommend. Plus, it is revision without any strenuous thinking involved, and it doesn’t take very long either.

I have just started to make neat copies of character profiles for all 3 texts that I study (pictured). In these profile, I have a page for each section and my sections are: Adjectives, Key Quotes, Key Scenes, Historical Context, Key Themes, and Relationship with Others. I have colour coded tabs on an A3 sheet (also pictured) which I relate to the profiles so I can easily identify them.

I also highlight key quotes in my books and annotate them (I was reluctant to do this at first drawing in books is not the nicest feeling). Below you can see the book Heroes with all my quotes annotated, highlighted and tabbed.

Hey thanks for your advise this is great but i cant see the pictures dont worry about it.
Thanks anyways x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending