The Student Room Group

I'm a fitness instructor and full-time student. AMA!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angry cucumber
Eat more protein and more fibre. Reduce the amount of low satiating carbs like white bread and white rice

Ah thanks v much :yy: [I had white rice today!]
What about cereal in the morning? Is that an issue?

Original post by D8238
Like I've mentioned before, I'm not a PT nor a nutritionist, so my advice is actually pretty poor on this issue.

However I have had personal experience with this, and a few things have helped me:
1. Drink water. Lots of it, before you eat and then wait 10-30mins for it to settle.
2. Eat slowwwwwly. Really concentrate on your food and savour it, you will get fuller quicker.
3. Eat more slow-releasing calories at lunch, not just simple carbs, so that you still have some left after you workout.
4 (and most important). Don't beat yourself up about what you eat. It's okay! We're not perfect. One big meal won't derail you, so don't suddenly portion control everything. Start slow. Plan your meals in advance and limit yourself to that. Have fruit after if you're still hungry, or my personal fave, banana ice cream [very ripe bananas, broken into small chunks and frozen. Then whizzed up in a food processor with some PB or frozen raspberries.] It makes a guilt free dessert!

Thanks awesome post!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by Leukocyte
Ah thanks v much :yy: [I had white rice today!]
What abut cereal in the morning? Is that an issue?

What kind of cereal? You might want to switch for different grains as some are better. Overnight oats are a good idea if you don't like getting up early!

Quick Reply