The Student Room Group

does listening to music distract you whilst revising?

this is music with lyrics, i mostly listen to rap? do you think its distracting?
Nah, I've always done it! :h: Not a huge fan of rap tho :lol:

I'd imagine that some people would find it distracting since we all have different preferences :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Indeterminate

I'd imagine that some people would find it distracting since we all have different preferences :biggrin:

yh
i guess thts true :smile: thanks ahaha
Original post by Indeterminate

May I ask why you listen to music whilst you study? And what type of music do you listen to...
I listen to white noise in the background :smile:
When im working on the computer, not revising:

House music. Keeps the pace up when im typing while not being distracting like other genres
Original post by Shiv is Light
I listen to white noise in the background :smile:

I often listen to ASMR videos, its a little like white noise.
Original post by mariam687
this is music with lyrics, i mostly listen to rap? do you think its distracting?

Depends on the person tbh, i personally never do work without listening to music, and i mainly listen to rap type music. Im just used to it I guess
Original post by EricPiphany
May I ask why you listen to music whilst you study? And what type of music do you listen to...

1) I suppose good music fills you with positive energy and keeps you from getting bored

2) EDM and the usual music + lyrics variety. Not really a fan of classical :redface:
Reply 9
Original post by EricPiphany

i listen to music, bc i like to listen to it, it is like part of me ykno? its something honestly i cnt live without, im always listening to it ahaha

and i mostly listen to rap, grime, rnb etcetc
nd hiphop (rarely<)
In most cases, yes
Reply 11
Original post by samb1234
Depends on the person tbh, i personally never do work without listening to music, and i mainly listen to rap type music. Im just used to it I guess

favorite song nd any recommendations?
Original post by mariam687
favorite song nd any recommendations?

I listen to quite a wide range of rap, probably when revising i prefer more chilled stuff like abstract -neverland, grits my life be like but also occasionally more fast paced stuff like meek mill wont stop
Reply 13
Original post by samb1234
I listen to quite a wide range of rap, probably when revising i prefer more chilled stuff like abstract -neverland, grits my life be like but also occasionally more fast paced stuff like meek mill wont stop

yh meek mill is decent nice choice
Original post by Bern Herkins
When im working on the computer, not revising:

House music. Keeps the pace up when im typing while not being distracting like other genres

if you want to keep the pace up listen to megadeth it is only distracting because is it so good
I couldnt listen to music while revising.
If it was music i like it would distract me and i would sing along etc. If it was music i didnt like then it would do my head in and i couldnt concentrate.
I can't do anything without music, it keeps me completely focused. So no it wouldn't distract me at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest