The Student Room Group

What would you rather?

Hi, what course would you rather do / do you think is most highly regarded by employers and the general public.

Theology* at Oxford
Law at LSE

Thanks,
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by guest115
Hi, what course would you rather do / do you think is most highly regarded by employers and the general public.

Philosophy at Oxford
Law at LSE

Thanks,

Law obviously lol
Oxford don't do a philosophy degree so I'd go for the one that exists…

But assuming you mean PPE or philosophy and theology, what's the point of comparing two very different courses by two different, highly respected unis? If you'd rather do a law degree, do law at LSE, if you'd rather do PPE do PPE at oxford. There's very valid reasons to want to do either!
Reply 3
Original post by KombatWombat
Oxford don't do a philosophy degree so I'd go for the one that exists…

But assuming you mean PPE or philosophy and theology, what's the point of comparing two very different courses by two different, highly respected unis? If you'd rather do a law degree, do law at LSE, if you'd rather do PPE do PPE at oxford. There's very valid reasons to want to do either!

Ha sorry, we'll go with theology*

I think a lot of 6th formers don't really know what they'd rather study, or don't have a big interest in one particular subject
Original post by guest115

Theology* at Oxford
Law at LSE

Thanks,

It's arbitrary; you can pursue a career in law with both degrees and different employers will value each on its own merits. Other factors are much more likely to influence the outcome of a job application, such as experience etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending