The Student Room Group

Legal drinking age to be 21, what do you think?

the government is planning to increase the legal age for drinking up to 21 to reduce alcohol related diseases.

i think its a bad idea.

What does you think?
(edited 8 years ago)
Not bothered by it since it won't stop me drinking.
Binge drinking is really bad for people.
The reason binge drinking occurs is due to having a legal age.
If we're introduced to alcohol from a younger age we will not binge drink.
So there should be no legal age
I think your thread is bait until you cough up a source for this, because I'm not seeing anything about it from a Google search (and if this were actually in the works it would 99% show up as the first term).

EDIT: Literally until midnight to give source.
Reply 4
gtfo

Original post by Ambitious1999
the government is planning to increase the legal age for drinking up to 21 to reduce alcohol related diseases.

i think its a bad idea.

What does you think?

Source??
Will literally have no effect whatsoever, the only thing that would stop underage/young drinking would be to dramatically increase the price but I don't see that happening to be honest.
Children get so ****ed up with alcohol in secondary school it's an absolute joke but I dunno if upping the age limit is the answer if they're already get mashed up under the age limit. Maybe a better education about the consequences of alcohol 'over-consumption'.
Reply 8
Don't matter to me because teens are still going to get drunk whether its legal or illegal.
Who said you had to be 21 to start drinking? Lol. I can bet you a million dollars right now people younger than me are getting drunk and not the "legal" age.
Also, to cut this 'debate' short. See how the US has a legal drinking age of 21? Now note the amount of those ****ing fraternities and sororities that exist in the US. That's what you're getting over here if students need to find another way to bond than over drinks.
Original post by Unkempt_One
I think your thread is bait until you cough up a source for this, because I'm not seeing anything about it from a Google search (and if this were actually in the works it would 99% show up as the first term).

EDIT: Literally until midnight to give source.

Ok I own up.

Just got fed up of writing, true, factual, detailed, constructive posts with all links & sources provided and getting no bloody replies or discussion.

So I decided to troll because is easier to get replies.

I spend a lot of time and thought constructing my genuine threads and they just get ignored. Check out my previous posts, the majority are genuine albeit boring to 99.9%. But everyone replies to trolls.

I'd much rather be writing honest constructive threads and getting constructive discussion, but the reality is nobody is interested.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending