The Student Room Group

Will any top 40 Good Times University accept my BCC grades?

I need help, I emailed all the unis that has the course I wanted to take, Environmental Science, but they all said my grades are too low. Should I however still apply to unis such as Reading that offers BBB? Is there a chance for me to get accepted?
How many of them? Theres always a chance they will gave spare places if there arent enough people for the course or you have something extra and they make an allowance. No harm in asking, but I wouldnt bank on it. See if they run a foundation course, which would require you to do an extra year, but might put you in a good place to get on the course afterwards. Alternatively look at re-taking.

If it is only a few uni's then contact a bamed person and if possible have a talk over the phone with them. If you e-mail, then make sure it makes all relevant points.
Original post by allmilkyway
I need help, I emailed all the unis that has the course I wanted to take, Environmental Science, but they all said my grades are too low. Should I however still apply to unis such as Reading that offers BBB? Is there a chance for me to get accepted?

Hello I got BCC at AS not A2 but I think that you should contact your chosen universities over the phone because it is a lot more personal and they are more likely to sympathise with you and gain a good impression. Explain your case well and if that doesn't work then three options are available

1. Take a gap year and gain relevant work experience related to your course and apply in 2017
2. Take a foundation course
3. Resit your a levels, you might think of this as a chore but the months go by so fast.

Ermm goodluck with everything and I hope that everything works out for you. I hope this reply helped hehe
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
How many of them? Theres always a chance they will gave spare places if there arent enough people for the course or you have something extra and they make an allowance. No harm in asking, but I wouldnt bank on it. See if they run a foundation course, which would require you to do an extra year, but might put you in a good place to get on the course afterwards. Alternatively look at re-taking.

If it is only a few uni's then contact a bamed person and if possible have a talk over the phone with them. If you e-mail, then make sure it makes all relevant points.

Over ten and they all said my grades are too low but its no surprise bcus I also did email those top unis such as UEA and Exeter. I dont think doing a foundation is possible for me bcus Im planning to take educational loan from the government and they only offer it to degree courses and Im planning to pursue my study in the UK.
Reply 4
Original post by Vanessaxx98
Hello I got BCC at AS not A2 but I think that you should contact your chosen universities over the phone because it is a lot more personal and they are more likely to sympathise with you and gain a good impression. Explain your case well and if that doesn't work then three options are available

1. Take a gap year and gain relevant work experience related to your course and apply in 2017
2. Take a foundation course
3. Resit your a levels, you might think of this as a chore but the months go by so fast.

Ermm goodluck with everything and I hope that everything works out for you. I hope this reply helped hehe

Hello! But I'm from Asia, so calling them would be very hard for me due to different time zones. Taking a gap year and foundation course are not an option for me since I'm an international student and I'm planning to take edu loan from government which they only offer it to degree courses and not foundation. Resiting my A Levels wouldnt do me good, bcus with my grades I could just apply at my local uni instead and I dont plan to retake my A Level all over again, I'm done for it and I dont even want to look back haha
Original post by allmilkyway
Over ten and they all said my grades are too low but its no surprise bcus I also did email those top unis such as UEA and Exeter. I dont think doing a foundation is possible for me bcus Im planning to take educational loan from the government and they only offer it to degree courses and Im planning to pursue my study in the UK.

So you now say you are in Asia?
Did you tell the unis this? Perhaps they ahave different grades for foreign students?
Sometimes foundation courses cna be funded but you will need to check.
How about resitting your A levels?

The Unis are the ones that make the decisions, so just ask them whether they cna see any way through your situation and if theres anything you can do?

Quick Reply

Latest