The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Postgraduate Accommodation

Hi,

I'm in the process of applying for a masters course at Sussex and just wanted people's opinions what the pro's and cons are of the different Uni accommodation.

As a taught postgrad I don't think I'm guaranteed a place in accommodation so was wondering do people know the likelihood of getting a place?

If not what areas near the uni do most students rent in?

Thanks in advance for the help
Reply 1
Hey,

i am also in the same boat. I have just been looking around at private renting recently but im pretty deterred by all of the agent fees that are charged. Some replies would be helpful here.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Similar situation, looking around for a place. I spoke with the housing officer and she said to use the sussex accommodation or studentpad (or whatever its called) finder due to the fact they have to be up to their standard (The Uni's) and no agency fees.
Reply 3
Hey, do you know meanwhile how the likelihood is to get into one of the uni accommodations. I will also start in September a postgrad taught so I am also in the same boat.
There's nothing much to do on campus, I would rather stay near town if I were you,.

Avoid Stanmer Ct at all costs
Reply 5
Got a response from the office:

Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately we are not able to offer accommodation to Postgraduates from within the EU as we are expecting a higher than usual number of new undergraduates for 2016/17, therefore we would recommend that you take a look at our private sector webpages and join the Facebook group and register for Studentpad http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/accommodation/off-campus/privately-rentedSo it seems no chance for postgrad from the EU
Reply 6
hey guys, I've been offered a place on the masters of Wellbeing, and now am freaking out a little as i didn't realise how expensive it was going to be! way more than both plymouth and bournemouth!

Quick Reply

Latest