The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Hi it seems no one has made a thread for the AQA 2016 psychology i could only find the 2015 one, and the 2016 OCR one, so i thought ill make one.

Psychology 2015 grades

AS grade B
A2 predicted A

for unit 3 i'm doing sleep relationships and aggression for unit 4 addiction depression and research methods.

Feel free to ask any questions

Which essays did you need help with? Any areas you need advise with?

MalpCourses co uk

PSYA3 and PSYA4 Courses are now on offer

Also, if you have a small group, MALP can personalise courses for you and deliver this at your residence! Check the website
MALP Courses

Revision Days that make a difference

See the site for free resources

malpcourses co uk tailored for the AQA A Spec
Original post by ellawhite4686
there is a depth/breadth trade off so either would be fine but i tend to go in to more detail on less points as i think it helps you get better AO2/3 marks :smile:

thankyou i also tend to go for the detail but less points. however my teacher thinks its a bit wishy washy as she prefers smaller points.
Does anybody have unit 4 research methods notes?
'Research' stands for both theories and studies, so you can just write the theories as usual. I'm assuming that's the confusing bit, 'outline and evaluate' is just 'discuss' in different words.
I am so stressed I will fail,
Original post by ellie0497
I am so stressed I will fail,

Keep your head up sweet, how are you doing with revision?
Original post by A-LJLB
Keep your head up sweet, how are you doing with revision?

Given up:cry:I know I won't cover all of PSYA3 before the exam... My school haven't even started relationships, we are on aggression and I am struggling with revising sleep essays:cry:
Given up:cry:I know I won't cover all of PSYA3 before the exam... My school haven't even started relationships, we are on aggression and I am struggling with revising sleep essays:cry:

I've not even started yet so don't stress! Start with the top predictions for your topics and get them out of the way. Then start working your way through the other potential essays. Due to the essay style nature of the exams I haven't found lessons helpful as essay content is everywhere, I haven't even been in for the addiction topic, so try and get ahead :smile:
Original post by A-LJLB
I've not even started yet so don't stress! Start with the top predictions for your topics and get them out of the way. Then start working your way through the other potential essays. Due to the essay style nature of the exams I haven't found lessons helpful as essay content is everywhere, I haven't even been in for the addiction topic, so try and get ahead :smile:

The essays are like 800+ words so it is pretty impossible to memorise them all:cry:.
Also, your neural and hormonal essays were helpful, thank you!
The essays are like 800+ words so it is pretty impossible to memorise them all:cry:.
Also, your neural and hormonal essays were helpful, thank you!

Yeah mine are around 1000 each just to ensure I've got everything in there to make it as good as possible, and no problem bub, I'm glad they helped!

Honestly don't think about the long term. Set s target each day and try your best to accomplish it. Then by the end of the week you'll feel good with what you have done. Looking too far ahead will really stress you out, it does with me and it makes me feel awful and then I can't concentrate and revise as I feel totally overwhelmed. Short goals for long term success :smile:

Don't stress haha you've got 5 weeks.

The best thing you can do is make coloured mind maps for each theory/explanation.

Its peak that your school haven't started relationships yet, its a bit late imo maybe just read ahead and make notes in preparation.
Original post by sazx12
Don't stress haha you've got 5 weeks.

The best thing you can do is make coloured mind maps for each theory/explanation.

Its peak that your school haven't started relationships yet, its a bit late imo maybe just read ahead and make notes in preparation.

Agree- try not to stress, just do what you can. Grading boundaries are always low too :-)
Sent you a message with a link to a video for the exam on Breakdown of relationships. Good luck
Hi, this is my first post here and my teachers still haven't finished teaching us the course yet. :frown: I'm incredibly worried, as I'm not confident with any of my current essays either.
Sorry if this has been asked before as I do not have time to read through the whole thread but does anyone know if an essay question comes up which says "Discuss research into the ____ explanation" as opposed to "Discuss the _____ explanation" whether I will have to answer in a different format i.e. putting studies for A01 and evaluating those studies with other studies as well as methodological issues of the study for the A02. Because that always really confuses me, I prefer answering with A01 an outline of the theory/explanation with no studies and A02 with the studies and evaluation.
(Gosh, that sounds confusing sorry...) Btw I'm doing Sleep, Aggression, and Relationships for PSYA3. Schizophrenia and Anomalistic for PSYA4.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm not 100% sure but I believe the theories and explanations come under research as well as studies in which case you can answer with your preferred format
For anyone asking for some model answers:
http://a2psychologyunit3.blogspot.co.uk/
Original post by Sian-97
Hi, this is my first post here and my teachers still haven't finished teaching us the course yet. :frown: I'm incredibly worried, as I'm not confident with any of my current essays either.
Sorry if this has been asked before as I do not have time to read through the whole thread but does anyone know if an essay question comes up which says "Discuss research into the ____ explanation" as opposed to "Discuss the _____ explanation" whether I will have to answer in a different format i.e. putting studies for A01 and evaluating those studies with other studies as well as methodological issues of the study for the A02. Because that always really confuses me, I prefer answering with A01 an outline of the theory/explanation with no studies and A02 with the studies and evaluation.
(Gosh, that sounds confusing sorry...) Btw I'm doing Sleep, Aggression, and Relationships for PSYA3. Schizophrenia and Anomalistic for PSYA4.

Hi there, this confuses a lot of people. 'Research' is a term given for both theories/explanations and studies
people aiming for an A/A* how many ao2 points do you do for a 24 marker? i know its 16 marks but i was thinking 12ish points?? is this too little? and then 4 evaluation of studies points for ao3. unit 3 is a pain in my ass absolutely hate it, doing gender, aggression and biorhythms :/

Latest